Boy Next Door

I wake up to yet another van showing up at the house next door. I jump up to see if that boy was gonna be there.

"What?" I say confusingly "Why is there a moving van in front of our house?"

I quickly get a shirt from my dresser and run down stairs. There is a man at our front door.

"Afternoon Neighbors!" the man says in a strangely deep voice.

"The names Robert Farmer." I just moved in next door and our house is completely full.I was wondering if any of ya'll would like the left over things from our moving van?"

"Oh no, we couldn't do that!" my mother says in her 'I'm the sweetest lady on earth' voice.

"Ma'am, it is no problem at all" he replies

Me, my family, and Mr. Farmer all walk out to the back of the moving van to see what was inside. I turn the corner of the vehicle and I see... him! The boy next door. He looked even better than he did the day I first laid eyes on him. Which I did't think was possible. Our eyes met. I felt like I've known this person my whole life, but I did't even know his first name. He begins to walk towards me. My heart begins to beat so fast I thought it was gonna fall out of my chest.

"It's nice to finally meet you?!" he says to me while sticking his hand out to shake mine.

I practically tremble at the sound if his voice. I stick my hand out to shake his.

"Name's Dale. Dale Farmer"

Dale. That was his name. The fallen angle's name was Dale.

"And yours?" he continues.

"James Cunningham." I replied.

"James Cunningham!" he says with confidence.

"I like it."

I thought I was gonna faint. This boy is perfect. My mother walks over to Dale and I.

"Why don't you give Mr. Farmer here a tour of the house?" she asks me.

"You can call me Dale Ma'am." he says to my mom.

"Why, thank you!" she replies with an almost southern accent.

"Go on James. Show him around"

"Yes ma'am." I reply

Dale and I make our way to the front door of the house.

"So, do you always walk around in your boxers?" he chucked a little.

I had forgotten I didn't put pants on. My face turned a bright red from embarrassment.

"I usually don't, I guess I must have forgotten to but pants on." I said with a little laughter trying to pull it off.

"Just give me a second, Imma go change."

I made my way to the stairs trying not to run up them. I did't want him to see me half naked any longer. I made my way to my room. Shut my door. Then thought to myself. I can't believe it. The boy next door is in my house!