Episode 9, Give Me Back My Lizard!

One afternoon, a young boy named Mushiba had just came back home from his middle school. As soon as he opened the door and walked inside, he excitedly ran up to his mother while holding a folder. His mother checked it out, inside the folder was Mushiba's progress report alongside his math exam, which they both expected to be decent.

However, Mushiba's mother was disappointed with the grade he recieved on the exam, which was a 67. On his progress report, he only recieved two good grades, with the rest being 50 to 70.

"Mushiba, sweetie, you have to focus on your math and ELA. They're pretty important if you want to graduate and go to a college or university." Mushiba's mother calmly said in a disappointed tone to her son. "I-I know mom.." Mushiba responded, feeling a little disappointed in himself for disappointing his mother yet again this school year. His mother placed her hands on his cheeks in a reassuring manner, wanting to cheer Mushiba up a bit. "I'll cook up some karepan for dinner tonight, how about that?" She offers.

Mushiba looks up at his mother and smiles with glee, he always loved it when she made karepan. To his mother, him smiling in response means yes. She leaned down and kissed her son's forehead.

Meanwhile, at the Far East Base, the Ultra Garrison was called up to the control room by Kiriyama, where he informs the team that he's giving them temporary special leave.

"There aren't any cases at the moment, so go spend some time off. It's a special leave." Kiriyama says, making the team grow a smile on their faces. "Thanks, Cap." Moroboshi says as Takuma gives him a fist bump out of joy. The team was clearly thankful for this.

After being given special leave by Captain Kiriyama, the six members went off to spend that time off. Moroboshi, Anne, Takuma, and Arashi settled at a hotel near Tōgō Mountain while Satomi and Amagi were visiting their family elsewhere.

Arashi was chowing down on food of his choice offered on the hotel's menu. Takuma was coming up with ideas for inventions as he sat on a recliner. On the other hand, Moroboshi and Anne went out shopping in the city together. Moroboshi was wearing a grey tuxedo with a black shirt underneath it. Anne was wearing a green sweater and black pants. Later, Moroboshi and Anne are walking down the sidewalk back to the hotel, carrying a few bags of varying items from different stores. And eventually, they arrived at the hotel as the sun began to set.

Mushiba was wandering around the backyard when he spotted something moving in the grass. He approached it cautiously, crouching down and pushing the blades of grass aside with his hands.
A teal blue lizard he had never seen before turns around to face the young boy with its two small eyes, sporting two rows of bumps running down its back with a darker shade of color in between. "Aww.." Mushiba said, finding the lizard to be adorable as he reaches out to it. "Come. Come here." Mushiba said in a calm tone. The lizard complies, walking over to his hand and climbing onto it. The lizard is as big as Mushiba's hand as it's lifted up to his chest. Mushiba holds the adorable lizard like a cat as it's head nuzzles into the boy's chest. Mushiba got back up to his feet and walked back inside his home with the lizard in his arms. Mushiba sat at the edge of his bed, watching the lizard as it got done eating the food Mushiba gave to it earlier. The lizard then turned around to look up at Mushiba.

"Now, what should I name you..?" Mushiba says as he thinks of a name for the lizard. "Aha! How about Pero?"

The lizard lets out squeak or chirp in response, seemingly liking the name given by the young boy before hopping onto the bed and curling up at Mushiba's right hip. "I promise I'll always take care of you, Pero." Mushiba whispers as he pets Pero.

_________________________________________
To Be Edited...
Yet again, I have to leave an episode unpolished because personal things I wanted to do today.
Not only that, but I want to get the tenth episode out and polished. Soooo... yeah, cya then.