four

『 ⋆ Iman ⋆』

I opened the door , hoping it won't make a sound.As I passed my keys on the table I rushed to the fridge ; I was fucking starving . The whole day I have been surviving on that sandwich I ate in school. But what was in that stuff anyway? Some cucumbers and cheese.

I opened it and saw Eggs, Grapes and an apple. I scoffed. Great.

"I made some cake if you want." I heard someone yawn.

Turning around I saw my mother approaching me. Her eyes were barely open and I guessed that she must have been sleeping. I cleared my throat and closed the fridge.

"Did I wake you?"

"It is 2:30 in the morning Iman." she said , sounding more awake.

After Noa, Levi and Aaron left I waited at least 20 minutes for an Uber. I don't know why it took so long but I was freezing my ass off. I forgot my hoodie in Noas car and I  couldn't call her to come back. I might have been a little stubborn ,yes but after what they did I just wanted to get away from them.

"I am sorry mom I forgot the time." I tried to explain but she just shook her head.

My mother wasn't strict. I was always allowed to stay over at friends or go to parties, she only had one rule which was to tell her where I am.

After I ran away from Levi I lost my phone so I couldn't call her. I did tell her that I was heading home after I left the studio but that was 3 hours ago. She looked at me and I kept quite.

"I called the Studio 30 times and I was this close to call the police!" she said her voice shaking a little but she was still calm ,which made it more horrifying. I tried to avoid her eyes. What was I gonna tell her? Some guy from my school kidnapped me to pick up his friends from a party on the other side of the town?

"Do you know how worried I was? Do you ever think about the fact that your actions have consequences?" Her voice grew angrier and she became louder.

"Mom I -"

"God you are like your father.I am going crazy because the two of you!"

Tears swelled in my eyes and I straighten a little bit. like my father.

"Steven said you were on your way home and I waited , God Luna I waited forever!"

I imagined my mom sitting in front of the door , waiting for someone to knock.

"You are everything I have left and you cannot just not come home and not tell me. I thought something happened to you!" She went on.

"I would never be able to forgive myself if anything happens to you because I couldn't take care of a stupid child!" She yelled crying.

"I am not a bad mother!" She screamed and I flinched.

I stood there ,waiting a moment. My mom was the most emotional in our family but we never had a conversation like this. Sometimes I wonder if I was a bad daughter. I thought about time I once threw a party in eight grade while my mother was working a Night Shift. I did it behind her back and when she came home again, she had to clean it up herself because I slept in the whole day. Or the time I spend all the money my mother made on one dress just to impress  a guy I liked.

There are times when I was a bad daughter, yes but she was never a bad mother.

"Mom I know .." my voice broke and I couldn't keep myself from not crying.

"You know nothing. You are just a child." She laughed a little and I smelled the alcohol in her breath. What the fuck?

She never drank especially not after 10 pm.