nine

『 ⋆ Iman ⋆』
„How is he?" I hear my mother ask through the phone. I try to find the right words while watching my father take a sip out of his chocolate milkshake.

He was looking terrible, sick and unhappy.

After we left the station he hadn't said a word to me. I don't know if it was because he was too weak to talk or because he just didn't know what to say.

On one hand I was glad, I didn't want to talk to him. It would be best if he just both stayed quite.

But then again I felt disappointed. Disappointed that he didn't show a little sign of regret or shame. Nothing

„He is okay, I will take him home right away. I just guessed he would be hungry." I explain then. We sat in the Ellays and I got him something to eat after we left the station.

Prison food must be terrible and if you only got a few weeks left to live you should at least have half decent food.

He bite into his sandwich,chewing it loud. I cringed at the sound of his chewing.

We sat across from eachother at a table near the window. That was good for me because I could just look out the window as soon as I couldn't stand the sight of him anymore, without it being awkward.

„So Christan.." I start but he interrupts me while still chewing a piece of his food. „It's Dad." He says and I stop, my eyes widening in surprise.

He spoke.

And he had the audacity to want me call him dad. I laughed at that and he raised his eyes finally facing me. „What's so funny?" He asks and i snort but he just remains quite and serious. „Oh you are for real?"

He ignores my little comment and turns back to his food about to take another bite when I cut in. „How come you remember me?" I ask and his eyes shoot up again.

The corner of my mouth lifts a little. Yeah we are getting straight to the point.

„Or do you.. even remember me?" I add slowly.

Maybe he didn't even know who I was. Maybe he thought I was just a random woman about to take him to another hospital.

He slowly shakes his head „How could I ever forget my beautiful stubborn and selfish daughter." he quietly whisperes.

My face drops and anger builds inside me. selfish. He was the one to accuse me of being selfish?

I wanted to laugh out loud but I couldn't get my mouth to open. You hate him, I reminded myself. His opinion doesn't bother you.

„Well that's funny. I mean based on what you did I thought you were the selfish one." I finally say.

I wanted to say more.

Be mean and throw accusations at his head but I couldn't. Something inside me told me to wait.

„I never said I am not selfish . Some characteristics are just hereditary." He explains, his voice shaking a little but his gaze stays cold.

„You may pretend to be that good caring child you want to be. But I know deep inside you, you are an animal just like me." he goes on

But before he can say something I smack my hand on the table so hard, that his milkshake falls of the table, the glass crashing on the ground, but I ignore it

„I am nothing like you, don't you dare to compare yourself to me." I yell furiously. His eyes stay steady, he didn't even flinch at the sound of the breaking glass.