Eyes on Me, Mortal (Dark Deception) (A Halloween Special)

A\N: Happy Halloween everyone! This is my little gift for you. Basically, there's not much of a plot, just a steamy scene with one of my favorite game demons. ;) Enjoy!

A cozy little house stood dark among many others with brightly illuminated windows, with only a jack-o'-lantern displayed on its windowsill that glowed in the surrounding blackness. Lucky for everyone, Halloween night turned out to be clear, and not a single cloud covered the starred sky. Children walked around the streets in costumes, doing their favorite job tonight – trick-or-treating. Adults were happy to see their kids having so much fun, so all in all, this year's Halloween was only about fun and joy.

Among many costumed people, a rather unusual couple walked along the street. It was a young woman in a black coat, walking arm-in-arm with a strange-looking guy. He wore a dark grey business suit with a black shirt and a red tie underneath, but his head was what everyone paid immediate attention to. His entire face was red with deep, black eyes with no pupils in them, sharp ears, a wide mouth, and two black horns sticking out on both sides of his skull. In any other situation, it would seem weird, but as it was Halloween, everyone was sure the man wore a cool costume of a devil or a demon. Some even said it aloud when passing the couple. The man just smirked and continued his way with his female companion.

April sighed and looked at her companion, smirking. As a kid, she'd never been too interested in Halloween fun. She liked turning pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns, though. An even now, being an adult, she still enjoyed carving smiling faces in them and watching the candle light burning through the triangular eyes and a funny-looking smile of the pumpkin. But this Halloween was special. Shooting another small glimpse at her partner, she thanked all the possible gods for this.

Because her partner was no ordinary man. It was a demon.

Malak.

Strangely enough, his name translated as "angel" in Hebrew. April knew it, and each time she thought about it, it made her laugh silently. Who on Earth would call him an angel? She knew well enough what this sadistic and malevolent being was capable of. She had gone through a lot, a multitude of nightmares he and his servants had made her suffer, and all for what? It seemed fate was cruel enough when she crossed her path with a woman named Helen Bierce who promised to fulfill her every wish. Being an author, April dreamed her literary works would be known and popular, but no such luck. Desperate, she had agreed to make a deal with Bierce. This woman turned out to possess some supernatural abilities; and as a result, April found herself in Bierce's little pocket dimension that looked like a luxury ballroom. Her task was to gather the so-called 'soul shards' and gain a piece of a ring which, according to Bierce's words, contained the power of a demon. With the ring complete, Bierce would gain enough power to fulfill any desire.

Sounds easy enough, right?

Wrong.

The shards were scattered around ten dimensions, each more nightmarish than the last one. There were monsters everywhere, wherever she went, and all of them were the servants of the demon. She met Malak first time in the school dimension while trying to avoid the face-to-face encounter with the ghoulish girl named Agatha who turned out to be some sort of adoptive daughter for him. He got angry every time she got her hands on the ring pieces. How many times had he threatened to kill her? How many times he attacked her? He had unleashed the most dangerous creatures on her – Dread Ducky, The Goliath Clowns, and the animatronic gang whom he transformed into a gigantic robot. He had given her to that crazy Mama Bear and her annoying baby teddies to finally get rid of the 'pesky mortal' as he called her. But luck had been on her side. April managed to evade the monsters and defeat the larger ones, including the Mama Bear. Unfortunately, the fate had decided to turn its back on her in the moment she was on her way out of Mama Bear's dimension. The portal was closed, and it provided a perfect opportunity for Malak to finally catch the annoying mortal.