Atone For Your Sins (Silent Hill)

A/N: The story contains a rape scene. It's not a romantic tale.

The deafening sound of sirens blared through the air, making many passers in the street cover their ears. People watched with surprised glances how a car passed them on insane speed, followed by two police vehicles. Whatever the case was, no one had any doubts that the criminal's identity was clear and now all that remained was to catch him or her.

Vanessa pushed the gas pedal almost to the ground, trying to get away from the chase as far as possible, but the police was still on her tail. Several months ago she caused fire in the house of her rival, Carol Harris, which resulted in her instant death. Thus Vanessa hoped that Carol's fiancée after some time would finally belong to her. But in the end her hope broke like thin glass against the rock. David not just refused to be with her, but blamed her in the first place in Carol's death, as Vanessa was the only known person that hated Carol. The unfortunate man cursed her verbally and blamed her in the arson of Carol's house and death of his beloved one. In the end he went to the police station and told everything to the cops. And being locked up in prison was the last thing that Vanessa wanted to experience. She wasn't going to end like that. It was better even to die than rotting away in jail.

Vanessa noticed that the speedometer of her car exceeded 120 km per hour, but she cared little. All she wanted to do is get away as far as possible and be left alone. She continued her crazy driving until she was finally out of the city borders where the rural area began. The only thing that confused her a bit that the farther she moved, the more foggy it became around her. After she passed through the woods, the fog grew almost as thick as cotton, and Vanessa was forced to slow down a bit not to crash anywhere. Very little was visible in front, and the further she drove, the worse the entire visibility became. The police sirens grew quieter, but they still were after her, so Vanessa continued driving, not knowing where exactly she was going to. Suddenly the radio in her car switched on by itself which made Vanessa feel scared. If it was music she heard, then things would have been more or less bearable, but all she heard was static. Her heart started beating faster, and Vanessa was close to deciding to turn around and go back; but then she would get directly into the hands of cops. She didn't stop driving, reducing the speed just a bit; but the deeper she moved into the fog, the louder and more annoying the static became. Vanessa tried to switch the radio off, but when she lifted her head up to look at the road, she caught a glimpse of a tall and very weird looking man. But it wasn't his height that made Vanessa feel shiver going down her spine, no. It was something that had a triangular shape on his head, but she couldn't see what exactly it was. He appeared right before her car, and Vanessa pushed the brake pedal with all her might, being afraid to crash into him. In the result the car stopped obeying its owner, and Vanessa couldn't control it anymore. The wheels rubbed themselves against the asphalt with a loud, screeching sound until the car finally crashed into border and fell downhill, rolling around several times. Vanessa yelled her lungs out, holding the steering wheel in a deadly grasp while the vehicle rolled down the slope until her car finally landed somewhere, but she couldn't see where anymore. During the impact she hit her head against the steering wheel and everything went black.

***

No one knows how much time has passed until Vanessa slowly opened her eyes. In the first few seconds she dared to think that all what happened was nothing more than just a nightmare. But when her vision cleared, she realized she still was inside her car, head lying on a steering wheel. In addition to that, severe headache reminded her once more that everything that took place before was harsh and merciless reality. Vanessa felt like her head was going to explode any moment, temples were pulsating intensely. Then she felt something running down her forehead slowly, and when her fingers touched it, she saw them painted red when she looked at them.