Chapter 008

[The photos used are not mine; credits to their respective owners🥺]

>>>Fearless<<<

Nae Jung-Hwa halted in her scribbling as she finally realized how quiet the room was. She looked up from her notebook to look around the empty classroom. She sighed seeing the chairs still pushed out and workbooks lying on the tables carelessly.

She slowly got up from her seat, walking around the classroom to see what her friends has scribbled on their workbooks. She laughed seeing the doodles the girls would draw and her smile would instantly drop seeing the boy's empty pages.

Jung-Hwa was someone who excelled in her job as a class president. She stood up for her friends well and helped them in whatever way she could. Although she sometimes had trouble keeping the class in an orderly fashion, she loved the class and the class loved her.

"Jung-Hwa!" Jung-Hwa snapped out of her train of thought before turning around upon hearing the urgent voice of her classmate. She raised an eyebrow, maintaining her calm and collected composure despite seeing the worry in her eyes.

"Kwan-Seok's in trouble. The bully's really big too," Jung-Hwa pursed her lips hearing the whimper in Hyun Seo's voice. She immediately approached her classmate, patting her shoulder before telling her to lead the way.

"Half the class is gathered there. They want to help, but he has a lot of friends that are as big as him." Hyun Seo provided, and Jung-Hwa smiles slightly, touched at how their willingness to help Jung-Hwa if the need arose.

"They're two grades above us, just saying," Hyun Seo whispered before she pointed to the group of boys towering over the scrawny boy, his eyes filled with fear.

"What's going on?" It was like the people gathered released a collective sigh hearing the dependable voice of their class president. They watched in awe as Jung-Hwa approached them, extending a hand to her classmate.

"You okay?" Jung-Hwa hummed as she dusted the boy's shoulders off, offering an encouraging smile and seeing him visibly shaking. He shrugged his shoulders as he gave the most convincing smile he could.

"Must be embarrassed that a girl had to help him," Jung-Hwa bit her lower lip hearing the haughty voice of the 17-year-old. She turned to him before they locked eyes, Jung-Hwa's cold and lifeless eyes meeting his eyes that danced with mischief.

"Who are you?" The older boy managed again, slightly intimidated by the glacial look Jung-Hwa had given him earlier. Jung-Hwa shook her head slightly, snapping out of her trance.

"Jung-Hwa, Kwan-Seok's class president," Jung-Hwa forced a smile, and the boys felt attacked seeing the mockery in her eyes. The boy in the front bit his lip, telling himself that he won't hit a girl just yet.