Chapter 006

[The photos used are not mine; credits to their respective owners🥺]

>>>Consequences<<<

The shock is evident on Kai's face as his jaw drops and he locks eyes with Yuna, in disbelief. He quickly managed to compose himself, straightening his posture as he continued to steal glances at Yuna.

Yuna sensed the change in the atmosphere and it immediately made her regret her actions. She internally cringed at herself but still managed to maintain her composure, a feat that was surely impossible for anyone else who would be in her shoes at the moment.

"Well, I care for you as a counselor, if that's what you mean. I want what's best for you, just like your class president. I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, but please take this,"

Yuna stared at Kai's outstretched hand that held the silky, smooth card that would excuse her from class to see Kai if she ever felt overwhelmed. Feeling sorry for putting Kai into this position, she decided to accept it before she pocketed it.

"I'll get going now," Kai mutters before he runs away, not giving Yuna any time to explain herself. She was left standing alone at the side of the street, speechless with embarrassment.

Flustered, she turned around to quickly run into her house to prevent anyone from seeing her red ears. She slammed the door behind her, panting hard before she messed up her hair in frustration.

She dived into the sofa, screaming into the nearest pillow she could find. She didn't care if her step-father was at home, she just wanted to vent to no one in particular.

But Yuna knew she couldn't bottle this up. Yuna had a reputation for revealing too much sometimes, so she knew her chatty mouth would slip up one day and she'd never live that day down, especially if she confided in Hye-Su.

Yuna's first thought was Jisu, but she had gone completely ia after apologizing to Yuna by a text that she'd take an internet detox so she could focus on work.

Yuna found this method stupid, although it would result in Jisu being more productive in her work. She knew Jisu would overdo it and overwhelm herself, but Yuna managed to convince herself that Soobin would make sure it wouldn't happen.

Yuna even contemplated telling Yun-Jae. They had met up on a few occasions, and they proved that they were quite close. Yuna didn't know if they were that close that she'd be the first one to know about her embarrassing moment.

Yuna sat up on the sofa, upset. Her hair covered her face completely, making her look like a mad woman, or maybe even a ghost. She pushed the hair out of her face roughly before falling back onto the sofa, huffing.

Yuna sighed before getting up from her spot, knowing it was no use to think about the matter anymore since she had homework due tomorrow. It may not be the best work she'll be able to produce, but at least she'll get the job done.