Chapter 025

[The photos used are not mine; credits to their respective owners🥺]

>>>Endearing<<<

"You have a crush on Huening Kai, don't you?" Hye-Su claimed with a hint of suspicion in her voice. Yuna sighed as she adjusted her grip on her phone.

She had just finished floorball practice. Hye-Su had stayed home so her knee would get better, she had called to hear how practice went (as vice president of the team) and the conversation had strayed away.

"Hye-Su, I don't," Yuna said firmly as she slung the duffel bag over her shoulder, walking over to the doors before turning off all the lights in the gymnasium as she was the last one in the place.

"The bruise on your nose tells me otherwise," Hye-Su continued accusingly, and Yuna brushed her finger against the ugly black and blue bruise that sat in the middle of her nose bridge. She had gotten it after colliding with one of her team members.

Because she was staring at Huening Kai.

"I got distracted. It wasn't infatuation." Yuna tried to say as convincingly as she can, but she knows it isn't true. With the possibility of Kai being attracted to males, she didn't want to take her chance. She wasn't willing to embarrass herself again.

And if that means containing that crush of hers, then so be it. But Hye-Su refused to let it go, continuously trying to drill out the answer from Yuna, who had her mouth clamped shut on the matter.

"Oh god, I have to go Hye-Su," Yuna hummed as she stopped at the entrance of the school, watching as students walked in a relaxed manner with an umbrella over their heads to cover them from the heavy downpour.

Yuna quickly ended the phone call without letting Hye-Su say anything else, shoving her phone into her pocket before rummaging through her bag for an umbrella. She cursed as she searched every part of her bag for an umbrella, but to her dismay, there was none.

Yuna was crouched on the floor after taking off her bag to rummage better. She held her head in her hands, stressed out at the fact that she didn't have an umbrella. It was a long walk, and she was bound to get sick if she tried to run back home without an umbrella.

She couldn't risk it, especially since competition season was coming up. Her eyes strayed toward the bus stop right outside the school. She bit her lip as she continued to stare at the jam-packed bus stop.

She snapped out of her trance seeing a bus coming closer to the stop. Upon realizing it was the bus that followed the route back to her house, she cursed under her breath again before grabbing her bags rather clumsily and running quickly in the rain despite her tired state after practice.

She let out a small pant as she joined the small queue of people that wanted to board the bus. She took out her wallet, tapping her bus card to pay for the ride before staring ahead of her, seeing the nearly full bus.