Chapter 033

>>>Acceptance<<<

Yuna stifled a yawn as she shuffled to school, rubbing her eyes tiredly. It didn't feel like a day for school, especially since the last time she was in school was when she passed out.

"Luna!" Yuna smiled softly at the unique nickname, turning around to see Kai jogging toward her. She immediately felt recharged seeing his beautiful smile that could light up the whole world.

"How are you feeling?" Kai asked, his fingers gripping onto his bag strap tightly. Yuna smirked at his hesitation before reaching out for his hand, putting it on the side of her head.

"Better now that you're here," Yuna smiled as her eyes closed, Kai taking the hint before patting her head. It definitely turned heads and everyone who passed by them burst into whispers.

But did the couple care about the fact that they were being stared at? Not at all. Both of them have always felt comfortable with each other. They have and never will feel insecure about their relationship and themselves because they know they deserve this. And they knew for a fact they were happy.

"Shall we go in?" Kai hummed as he let his hand fall to his side limply, looking at Yuna with pure adoration as she gave in to her tiredness, letting out that yawn she held in.

Kai gave her hair one last ruffle before he took her hand, dragging her with him gently to the direction of the school, Yuna lagging behind in dread.

"I want to see your friends, I'll introduce you to mine later." Kai hummed before Yuna flushed red. She hadn't told anyone about her progress with Kai, but it seemed that everyone was aware of her crush on him.

"Alright, first friend." Yuna muttered seeing Wonyoung at her locker, her eyes studying the books inside lazily as she rested her weight on one leg.

"Wonnie!" Yuna forced a smile as she embraced the younger who was startled seeing her in school. She thought she was only going to be in school starting next week.

"Hi! Sorry I didn't walk with you to school, I didn't know you were coming," Wonyoung replied with a guilty smile playing on her lips before her eyes drifted to the awkward young man by Yuna's side.

Wonyoung glanced at Yuna, a slow smirk growing on her lips in realization seeing Yuna's cheeks start to glow red. Wonyoung folded her arms, looking at Yuna expectantly.

"Wonyoung, meet Huening Kai. My boyfriend," Yuna cleared her throat, grabbing Kai's hand for support. Huening Kai looked over to Yuna with a soft smile on his face, turning to Wonyoung before inclining his head.

"I knew it since the day you guys went to eat lunch," Wonyoung took out her phone before turning it on to check the date. She pursed her lips before stuffing her phone back into her pocket.

"Well I guess I owe Hye-Su lunch. See you guys around, I'm happy for you both. Don't hurt her." Wonyoung glared at Kai before turning to Yuna with a cheery smile, bidding them both goodbye before she walked off to class.

"We still have a few more minutes before class begins. Do you want to see more of my friends?" Yuna turned to Kai, smiling when he nodded eagerly. She patted his cheek before pulling him with her, making his cheeks grow hot.

"Shin Yuna!" Yuna bites back a grin before spinning around seeing a wild Hye-Su charging toward her, Yujin following close behind. Hye-Su glared at Kai suspiciously before her eyes traveled down to their intertwined hands, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Guys, this is Kai, our counselor. He's my new boyfriend." Yuna offered a toothy smile, swinging her hands with Kai's loosely. Yujin smiled at the two before it slowly grew into a smirk, sending a subtle wink to Kai. Kai averted his eyes, suddenly remembering their first encounter.