Chapter 036

>>>Date<<<

"Pretty?" Yuna asked as she spun around, letting Huening Kai look at her outfit from all angles. They were going on their first cafe date, and Yuna was not playing.

She had worn a beautiful two piece in the shade of yellow. Her skirt had jewels that were just right (not over the top) that formed a small belt. The good weather had allowed her to wear over a simple beige sweater that wouldn't affect her look too much.

"Very pretty," Kai complimented as he kissed her forehead lightly, playing with her earring that sparkled in the sun. Yuna clicked her tongue before slapping the elder's shoulder to hide her flustered state.

She pulled him towards the cafe before opening the door, immediately locking eyes with the cafe owner. She raised her eyebrows back at Beomgyu who had managed to see the unfamiliar guy who looked at the cafe, intrigued.

"Please take a seat at the window and one of our waiters will be here to serve you, thank you!" Beomgyu sent a subtle wink at Yuna as he passed by the couple to give drinks to the customers who were waiting.

"Come, let's go sit already. The sun is out too!" Yuna smiled at her boyfriend before taking his arm, pulling him gently with her again as they took their seat.

"Hello I am Jung Eunbi, I'll be your waitress for today. How may I help you?" The calm and flowing voice disrupted the couple from their small talk. Yuna looked over to the waitress to say their order before she froze.

Well, the woman was simply stunning. She looked as innocent as a doe and yet she had looks that could kill you at the same time. She shot a small smile to the younger who seemed unable to take her eyes off her.

"We'll have two vanilla smoothies and the platter of macarons please, thank you." Huening Kai swooped in for Yuna who seemed mesmerized, Eunbi nodding thankfully before walking away. Yuna stared after her dreamily.

"Yah, your boyfriend is right here?" Kai laughed as he spotted her eyes following the waitress back to the kitchen. Yuna looked over to Kai, giving him a teasing smile before she clasped her hands together.

"I have something to tell you," Yuna offered before Kai hummed, motioning for the younger to continue. Yuna decided to save it for later, initiating small talk while waiting for their food.

"Lovely weather outside, isn't it? Remember to take some photos in our cafe for instagram, it's very picturesque!" Yuna's eyes widened in surprise seeing Beomgyu himself serve them their food.

They thanked him but seeing as he wasn't leaving, Yuna cleared her throat. Beomgyu kept his eyes on Huening Kai, who gave him a flustered smile before glancing at Yuna for help.

"This is my friend, Beomgyu. It's a long story on how we became friends but you just need to know that he's the owner of this cafe and if you come again he'll give you a major discount,"

Kai's eyes widened in realization before bowing deeply to the elder. Beomgyu chuckled at the cute kid, patting his arm before bidding them both goodbye and going back into the kitchen.

"You'll have to tell me how you guys know each other. But for now, let's eat!" Kai did a small cheer before pushing the platter of macarons toward her. He watched with pure love and adoration in his eyes as Yuna stuffed her face in a carefree manner, telling him how good it was.

"Ah, that's right! You said you have something to tell me?" Kai hummed as he gave his infamous smile when Yuna swallowed her food as she nodded her head slightly.

"My stepsister is in Korea. She wants to meet you. She's thinking of having a double date, since her boyfriend wants to meet you too," Yuna informed before she took a sip of her vanilla smoothie, stealing a glance at Kai who thought about what she just told him.

"Ok, we should meet! When, where, dress code?" Kai hummed before breaking into a small smile seeing Yuna stifle a laugh at the questions he presented.

"This Sunday, Jisu said we might go to a brunch place so I'll send you the details later. I think you can wear something casual but not too sloppy. I'll send you some ideas with the details later on."

Kai flashed a thumbs up before he took a macaron, putting it whole in his mouth as he chewed silently. The duo people-watched for a while before Kai cleared his throat, attracting Yuna's attention.

"Is there anything I should know? What will impress them? Basic info? I really need a guide here, honey." Yuna nodded as she put out her palm, telling her boyfriend to calm down. There was nothing to fret about, for she would give him an extensive guide.

"Her name is Jisu and her boyfriend is Soobin. They live together in Canada, go to the same uni and work at the same place. They're practically glued to the hip, really close.

The relationship Jisu and my set of parents have is a bit murky, so don't mention it. Try not to bring anything family-related into the conversation to be honest. It's a pretty taboo topic with them so yea, don't bring it up.

It's easy to impress Soobin. He's a bit shy so he isn't capable of being that intimidating. If you be yourself, he'll like you. Just act normally, but maybe mirror his actions subtly! He'll love it.

It's pretty simple to swoon Jisu unnie to. We'll go there together, so i'll assess what you're wearing and buy her flowers too! She loves gift giving. Make sure you highlight the way you take care of me, she'll agree to our relationship if we take care of each other.

We really just need to be ourselves, just a slightly more glorified version."

Yuna could see Kai struggling to take in all that information at once as his mouth was agape and his eyebrows were furrowed, staring at the table. Yuna let out a laugh, the guy's cuteness melting her heart.

"I'll send this over to you as well, don't fret too much, alright?" Yuna patted her boyfriend's cheek as she gave him a warm smile that sent butterflies to her stomach. He was brought to his senses, barely able to control the blush that was about to coat his cheeks.

"Hey that looks like a nice spot. Let's take pictures over there later okay?" Kai cleared his throat as he nodded to the secluded spot in the cafe which was decorated nicely for photos. Yuna stifled her laugh seeing Kai's embarrassment, nodding along before drinking her milkshake. 

———————————-

~Viky

🌸🎶☕️