Chapter 8

{Jung Hoseok's POV}

It's our free day today, so we could go wherever we want. The other members decided to visit their hometowns to meet their relatives and friends. And maybe also to give time for theirselves.

Like them, I decided to go to my parents' house for a visit. I really miss them. I also want to talk to them and maybe to get some advice.

"Is anybody home?" I said a soon as I opened the gate. It's been years since I last stepped in, in this house. I could remember all the memories I've made here. My childhood, how I grow up and even my memories with her. This house is like the bridge of who I am today.

"Who is that?" A familiar voice welcomed me. It was Dad. He looked surprised and happy seeing me. I forgot that I was supposed to surprise them. "How are you, Dad?" I replied and hugged him.

"I missed you so much, Son." He said after the hug. "Me too, Dad." I said and smiled. We went inside the house and then he told me to roam around in the living room first because Mom is still taking a shower.

As I was roaming around, I found the piled albums in the corner of the living room. I randomly picked one of them and started looking at the pictures when suddenly I found a candid picture of Hara and I laughing. I could guess that we were still 7 or maybe 8 years old in this picture.

This picture describes the relationship of the both of us. For the past years, we've shared our own happiness, sadness, likes, dislikes, opinions, I think almost everything. But that was before, today is different. So different.

"Oh, my Son is back!" A woman's voice greeted me. I looked up just to see my beautiful mother letting go a great smile. "Mom!" I embraced her so tight as we said our 'I miss you's.

I was supposed to go back this evening but parents requested that I should stay for the night. So I informed my manager that I'll be back for some schedules tomorrow morning and that I'll be taking the earliest trip going to Seoul.

I'm standing in our balcony, feeling the fresh air. It's been a long time since I've had time for myself, to hang out with my parents, to sleep in my own bed and just to think.

I felt someone tapped my left shoulder and as I looked up it was Dad. "Son, let me guess.." He said as he stood beside me. I didn't reply and just waited for him to talk again. "Do you have a problem? Something bothering you? Love, perhaps?"

Is it really a problem? Is it something that bothers me a lot? Is it love? Or maybe I'm just overthinking? I just want to move on, unlucky it's hard for me. Those memories I want to erase, I couldn't. A peaceful relationship with her is what I was hoping. How?

"*sighs* You found her?" Dad spoke again. As a response I nodded. I couldn't say anything. It's like my mouth is shut. "You couldn't move on?" I nodded again. I tried moving on, but suddenly she showed up unexpectedly. "Is there something you want to ask her?" I looked up in the sky full of stars. "What is it, Son?"

I stared at the sky with the sparkling stars. Memories with her are starting to play in my mind. Those memories I tried erasing but couldn't. "Like those uncountable stars, I have uncountable questions." Tears were suddenly falling continuously that my vision became blurry.

"Son, there's a reason for every act. Just be patient and the time will come that all those questions will be answered. God planned everything in your life, trust Him." He said, tapped my back and went inside the house.

Maybe this unknown thing that is bothering me will stop when I already know why. I sighed and told myself to wait. Waiting is what I do, I usually do.