0.9

"L-Luke..." I whispered, and I wiped my cheek with both my over sized sleeves. "I-I love you... Too..." My voice cracked repeatedly, and my hand twisted the doorknob as I hoped and prayed to see the smiley Luke Hemmings that I've known all my life.

The Luke Hemmings I've loved all my life.

The door slowly opened entirely, and I stared at the messy room that belonged to my best friend.

Ex. Ex best friend, Asia. Because you messed it all up.

I choked on another sob as I saw his flannal hanging on the window sill.

That means... He... He might still be alive... He might still be here... Mine. Might still be mine.

I remember when Luke and Liz had the conversation about how he needed to do something to let her know he was out on the roof. He decided it would be leaving his flannal on the window.

"Luke?" I called from the doorway.

Nothing.

I stepped farther into the room that I spent more time in than my own room.

It smells like him.

When the thought came to mind, I broke into another sob.

Why. Why did I do this?

Before I had time to comprehend that I was at the window, I called his name in a whisper once again.

"Luke?" I saueezed my eyes shut and groaned. "Luke?!" I said a little louder as I climbed onto the roof.

My eyes were still glued shut. A great fear if mine had been being on this roof. I never came out here, well, maybe once or twice. But I was always with Luke.

I opened my eyes, and looked up. The sun was out and smiling, and I couldn't help but feel my hand being tugged on. I looked down.

I looked down to see Luke.

Luke Hemmings. The boy I've loved all my life, and the boy who loved me back through his whole life.

Ironic, how life fucks you over right before it gets to the best part.

"Luke..." I fell to my knees, and wrapped my arms around his torso and squeezed with all the strength I had. (Which wasn't much.) "I... I am so so so sorry... I wish I knew... If only I knew..."

"Asia..." Luke pulled me off of him, and for a second I thought he would reject me.

I wouldn't be surprised.

But it was Luke. He had never rejected me before, and he never will.

"I love you, Luke. I do. I really, really do. I love you." I pleaded with my eyes.

"Asia..." Luke's warm hands grabbed my face in such a rough yet gentle way, in such a perfect touch, and kissed me.

It wasn't just any kiss... No. It was the perfect kiss, simply because Luke Hemmings had that kind of touch that when he pokes you with his finger, an entire jolt of pleasant feelings shoots through you. And when Huke Lemmings smashed our bodies together, our lips connected at every twisting point, my body became a lightning bolt.

"Asia... I love you. So much." Luke broke the kiss, and smirked. "So, I guess the divorce is off then?"

I rolled my eyes and kissed the boy that held the key to my heart locket.

But he was also the boy who unlocked it, at 5:04 am.