LEARNING TO LOVE HIM

" WORDS YOU CANT TAKE BACK "

Your alarm reverberated throughout the entire room, waking you up from your slumber as you groggily reached for the snooze button.

Rolling over to your side, you grabbed your phone from the bed side table ignoring the countless messages that littered your lock-screen. Turning the device off, you were faced with your reflection that  showed on the screen as you cringed at how swollen your eyes look.

Your bags were extremely heavy as some of your eyelash were still moist from the tears. The insides of your eyes were bloodshot read with trails of dried tears seeping out from the side, groaning in annoyance you sat up removing the heavy covers off your body.

You moved to sit on the edge of the bed sinking yourself onto the mattress, letting your bare feet meet the cold oak flooring which sent shivers through your body.

Reality hit you like a truck when you finally came back to your senses about yesterday events instantaneously your body bend forward rubbing your face in agony with your calloused hand. Turns out it wasn't just a horrifying nightmare after all.

Your phone suddenly rang distracting the pin drop silent that covered the entire room, however you could not bear to answer as you only drowned yourself in the dreadful memories of the evening before.

Small whimpering and sobs escaped from you, coming out extremely soft and hoarse due to the aftermath of constant yelling.

Truth be told, you did not know what triggered the argument. It felt like the both of you had guys had tried suppressing the strong fuel of anger for far too long and just like a rope that supported the weight of a heavy bridge throughout centuries, the both of you guys broke causing everything to fall into heavy currents.

Just like after every normal practice of his, you waited for him to finish as you accompanied him on his journey back home.

But today differed from the others as you noticed his rough behaviour thus trying to be sympathetic you had gave him words of advice which instead of calming him down, had instead acted like gasoline being added on to a burning flame.

Your caring words of telling him to not overwork himself and to sometimes focus on looking after himself must have hit him the wrong way because he thought that you were basically telling him to give up.

"I'm real-" "I get it, shut up will you now."

You clutched onto the strap of your black bag squeezing it with more strength as you felt your knuckles turn white becoming increasingly more upset with his non-chalet behaviour.