The rise of the next Choi

Yuan Dynasty,

Wang Jeon stepped forth, the green jade sparkled behind the cushioned throne, which sat elegantly upon a slightly raised pulpit.

Unlike the Goryeo court, the Yuan court didn't comprise dragons and bright colours like reds and blues.

The colours were sombre, yet sparkled against the sun rays that emanated from behind the throne.

Kubali khan himself was surrounded by the halo of the sun, making him appear no less than a heavenly deity

His thin needle like eyes, narrowed even further at the sight of the crown prince of Goryeo. The courtiers, stood in a single file awaiting the Khagan's reaction.

'Yekhe Khagan (Great Khan), here is the crown prince of Goryeo- Wang Jeon.' Said the embassador, with a slight bow of the head.

Wang Jeon bowed his head to the fierce looking Mongol, who stood up from the throne exclaiming, 'Goryeo is a country that long ago even Tang Tai Zhong personally campaigned against, but was unable to defeat. But now, the crown prince comes to me. It is the will of heaven!'

'It is the will of heavens! It is the will of the heavens!' Hailed the courters.

Wang Jeon said nothing, after all there was nothing he could do about his situation. He didn't know what would become of him, now that he was in enemy territory.

'Make sure our guest is well treated and his every need cared for.' Ordered the Khagan.

This astonished the crown prince of Goryeo. Unable to conceal his surprise, he asked, 'Yekhe Khagan, aren't you going to hold me hostage in the confines of your dungeons?'

A chortle escaped Kubali Khan's mouth, as he replied, 'You are the prince of Goryeo and our guest. It is only right that we treat you well. The Yuan Dynasty only seeks Goreyo's fidelity towards Mongol.'

He paused for a breath and continued, 'Now that Goryeo seeks peace with the Great Yuan, you are our ally Wang Jeon.'

'I'm honoured Great Khan.' Replied the crown prince with a slight bow.

The eunuch ushered the crown prince to a large guest room which was well decorated with dried flowers, thick animal fur and thick lattice work, from which sun light poured into the cream walls of the chamber.

The eunuch bowed saying, 'Jeohna, we will provide you with eunuchs and court ladies who will serve you.'

The prince nodded and at once a band of court ladies and a eunuch in perfectly ironed silk uniforms stepped forward and bowed their heads to the crown prince.

'Wangtaeja, we will serve you until your stay here in the Great Yuan.'

'Alright, you may leave now.' Sighed the prince.