Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Haze

"No Bea I don't remember much from last night, I know I got high in the bathroom and after that it's a blur. " I speak into my phone as I sit in the makeup chair and a makeup artist tries to coverup the bags under my eyes from my late night.

"did you look at the post you made?" she asks me. The stylist asks me to close my eyes at the same time which starts to overwhelm me.

"Yes, I looked this morning, there's nothing crazy in it." I respond slightly agitated.

What was her problem this morning. The post was fine, typical post from a night out in LA, ive done it so many times before. I could run my instagram account with my eyes closed at this point.

"H, it looks like you guys are dating." She says.

"Bea what the fuck. no it does not. I've posted with plenty of guys in more promiscuous ways than this. We're not even in the same picture you!" I say back letting frustration seep out. She's starting to irritate me right now.

"Im just saying what hundreds of others are going to be saying especially when the band releases their album next week. No one has posted with many of the boys after they reformed besides me and you." she explains her concern.

"Beatrice I've dealt with worse comments. its fine." My tone is short and I'm sure she can tell I'm upset.

"okay whatever then. You busy today?" Her bubbly tone returns at that last part.

I'm eager to get off the phone and especially being that I am actually at work. I hate to kill her vibe but I doubt taking some me time would shoot that happy psychos spirit down.

"Actually I'm working right now, so yes I am. "

"Okay no worries, when you're free shoot me a text. Kk?" See. told ya.

"Alright. Bye Bea." I say and hang up. A huge wave of anxiety mixed with irritation washes over me as I decide to take a big deep breath. I try and regulate my emotions as I know the make up artist is nearly done and I need to be on set. I can't let my emotions mess that up. They can wait.

Just like I predicted the makeup artist finishes and released me to set. It was a rescheduled winter shoot for a magazine I was to be apart of however I had to take an emergency vacation for a few weeks. I was told they would just go with another model but was later contacted saying they'd be happy to reschedule since the magazine would come out until December. im guessing the backup model didn't work out.

"Darlin I love you, this shouldn't work without you as we've seen. lets get this robe off you so we can see the dress." Mikey Jones exclaims as soon as I walk into the staged set area. Hes the photographer im working with for the magazine. Hes amazing Ive heard great things about him.

I take the robe off and hand it to one of the set assistants. Gasps sound throughout the room. I panic a little worried it looks bad. My hands clam up at my sides as fear washes over me. my an

"stunning. You are perfect! Just how we thought." Mikey shouts clapping his hands together and lifting up his camera taking an impromptu picture. "a candid for you to keep, free of charge. You're just too beautiful my love."

"Oh my gosh thank you." I blurt out feeling all types of gratitude for his kind words.

The shoot begins as I'm in a wonderland of snow and mountains and Christmas. The dress was a Hunter green fluffy lace dress. it was layered and had red jewels scattered throughout. the top part was more of a corset and the sleeves flowed and draped down my arms. it complimented my hair and skin tone beautifully and made me to look as a leader of elves in my opinion but goddess of the wonderland. I never felt as empowered as when I'm in a shoot and am actually getting good shots. whatever dream or vision the photographer has I make it my mission to make it happen. sometimes it doesn't but Im glad that today it is.