✔️👧SCP-4999 x Child!Female!Reader

[SCP-4999, Otherwise knows as the Someone to watch over us tale, He has no malicious intent and isn't very mischievous. He's a man who visits a dying patient in a random hospital, talks with them, lets them scream at him in anger and sorrow, until they slowly die peacefully.]

4999 meets a Dying little girl, His first ever encounter with a child.
[][][][]

[POV = READER]

I watched myself breath softly up and down as I jumped at the same time.

It was boring being alone, being visited by no one. Especially when I found out I only had a few hours to live.

I sighed, and stopped jumping, reaching out a hand to try and touch my actual hand but only to make it pass through.

I was having an out of body experience, and I knew that because I saw someone in movies go through it.

I felt my eyes turn blurry as the door opened, revealing a fancy looking man, who walked towards the side of my ghost self.

"I know you're there." He said softly, which made me flinch and look at him in shock. His hand moved and placed it on my ghost's head.

And for the first time from the last few years, I felt it.

I finally felt something.

My tears slipped down from my eyes as I wiped them away with my hands.

"You can't talk anymore, yeah?" He asked, his hand still giving my ghost small pats. I answered his question with a small nod. He then brought out a notepad and pen, making me turn to look at him, observing his features for any disappointment or any fury..

But no.. there-.. There wasn't anything negative about this man..

I hugged him- Huh? Hugged? I look down to myself, still in my ghost form, but I could hug him. I continue to cry into his coat, which still did not make him mad at me.

"Cry all you want, child." He started gently. "It's been around 8 years that no one visited you, right?"

My breath hitched at the realization of how long I've been in this state. I released my hold on him and reached for the pen, and writing as neatly as I could so that he could read it. I then gave it to him, head still looking down.

He read it, and sighed solemnly before nodding his head, patting my ghost's shoulder. "It has been indeed, I'm sorry to give the news to you so suddenly."

I looked away before taking the notepad again.

We sat in silence after that note I gave, I was finally enjoying someones company and I like it.

"You're gonna die." He said bluntly, which made me flinch.

"Are you ready to go?" He spoke with a more gentler tone as he gave me a short glance, taking something from his coat and lighting a cigar up and smoking, which made me cough slightly.

I rubbed my arm, and nodded once to let him know.

He got up and walked towards my plug, and held it, before looking at me again.

After now knowing that I have stayed in this state for almost ten years, I smiled at him while tears slipped down from my eyes.

[POV CHANGE = NARRATOR]

'Don't give me that look.' His mind raced. He couldn't handle it when kids looked at him sadly, always successful at making him guilty.

"Rest easy friend." He muttered, before pulling the plug sharply to prevent anymore guilt coming towards his feelings.

The heart monitor flat lined loudly, as doctors rushed in, but nobody was there, only a lingering smell of a lit up cigarette.

They tried to make the little girl live as for her to die now after successfully surviving 8 years hurt them emotionally.

But there was nothing they could do.

"Patient has died. Time, 4:59 AM." A doctor said gloomily, his hands shaking as he could feel tears cloud his eyes.

"Moving patient out of room now." A more feminine voice spoke, an audible gulp being heard, as she started pushing the hospital bed of the now deceased patient.

[][][][]
{Author's/note}: MAN I'M ON A ROLL!! I FINISHED THIS AFTER THE 662 ONE

[Total words = 707]