Chapter 13: Kiss Me

Levi's POV

I woke up in the morning and saw Hanji missing. The first thought popped into my head: everything was in my head. I dreamed of Hanji being in danger and I invited her over. We slept and I proclaimed my love to her while she slept. I was about to give in to that idea if it weren't for some of Hanji's clothes still on the bedroom floor.

Pulling myself out of bed, I put on some clothes and walked out. That's when I saw Hanji sitting at the dining table with a cup of coffee in her hands. She turned to me, smirking. "'morning, Levi."

"'morning, Hanji. Where did you get coffee from? I don't keep coffee in my apartment."

"I packed some coffee grinds. In the weeks... or was it months? I can't remember... but anyways, I know that you like tea and dislike coffee. If I am to stay here, might as well bring my coffee stuff to enjoy." Hanji takes a sip of her coffee, "Levi, I'm hungry."

"How long have you been up? At least half an hour to make coffee."

I began to go through the fridge, gathering eggs and whatever we needed for omelets. It was silent for the most part, but we did manage to small talk. By the time I was done making breakfast and plating them, I sat in front of her.

"Last night-." I began, but Hanji cut me off.

She looks at me with her hazel brown eyes and a small spark in her pupils. "I'm glad I wasn't abandoned again... but last night was enjoyable. I liked it. There are no other words to...  I guess, describe it. It's been a while since I had fun like that. I mean, the first time with you was as good as this time- I'm messing up, huh?" Hanji chuckles softly as she drank her coffee. 

"So what? What would we do?"

"Well... uhh... I... I don't know."

Sighing softly, I look at her with a smile. "Well, we have a few options. Continue sleeping with each other or not. Go with option one, there could be romantic aspects, but there could be none. I'll be honest, I like being with you."

"In what way?"

"Just being near you," I confessed, eating my omelet. "But if anything, I want to be closer to you. But I can't. Not now. As I said, the closer you are, the more in danger you are. You probably don't get it, but this is important to me."

"Let's say the threat is gone... say that this entire thing with your uncle and the mafia-like group... would you allow me to be closer to you?"

"Of course."

"That settles it then," Hanji smiles with that twinkle in her eyes and smile. Everything around me turned to silence as the only thing I could hear was the thumping of my beating heart. Just by looking at me with that face, she stole my breath from me. A shiver ran down my body as I sat there in my chair. I could feel my entire body growing weak. That's her power. "I'll work hard to close this case."

"Hanji, that doesn't mean you don't need to put your life in danger. That makes my job protecting you a much more difficult thing to do. Don't do anything stupid that puts your life on the line."

She chuckles softly, "I won't, Levi, I won't."

"Good."

We ate breakfast as we talked. I thought she would discuss the case, but we only talked about our lives. That just made me fall in love with her more. Once we were done with breakfast, we began to do the dishes before I kissed her lips. I wanted her... that's not a lie. She looks down at me with a surprised face but softened into a smile.

"Do it again, Levi..."

"The kiss? Make me."

She laughs softly before grabbing my shirt and tugging me toward her. "Kiss me again, Levi..."