chapter two, the nanny

chapter two,
the nanny

📺🥧🦔

"DADDY!" I exclaim as I run down the stairs. "Daddy, can we make pancakes for breakfast?" I ask.

"Sure, princess." Dad smiles. I look around. "Where's Cassidy?" I ask.

"Still sleepin'." Dad says making me nod. I go into the kitchen and pour myself a cup of coffee. "You shouldn't drink coffee, Mel."

"It keeps me awake, Daddy." I state.

"Its not good for you." Dad states. I look at his mug and he rolls his eyes. "You seein' Isobel today?" He asks making me nod.

"She's comin' over soon." I state. I take a sip of my coffee and get a pop tart from the pantry.

"Hey. Mornin'." Dad says as Bailey comes down the stairs in one of his pajama shirts.

"Oh. You're up. You're here. I'm just gonna go to the dryer and grab my clothes. Oh, by the way, that pillow top mattress, it's like I died and went to heaven. Not died. Not heaven. Oh god, Cassidy's not here, is she?" Bailey asks making dad and I chuckle.

"She's still sleepin'." I state.

"I don't remember the last time she slept this late." Dad says making me nod in agreement.

"Oh, that makes me so happy. Ok, I'm just gonna go grab my clothes." Bailey says.

"Oh, they're right here." Dad says as he picks up the folded laundry on the counter.

"You folded my laundry? No man has ever folded my laundry. Not to imply there have been so many men, but the man I was with never once folded my laundry, never once did a dish, and twice forgot my birthday." Bailey says.

"Sure can pick 'em." I say making dad look back and glare at me.

"Well, it is the least I could do. I mean, you brought my little girl back. What else can I do to thank you?" Dad asks.

"Coffee'd be nice." Bailey says.

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought you were gonna ask for cash." Dad says making me chuckle.

"How do you take it?" I ask.

"Fifties would be nice." Bailey jokes. I chuckle as I pour her a cup of coffee.

"Oh, I hope you're giving her money to buy pants. See, I know those pajamas come with pants 'cause I gave 'em to Beau for Christmas." Summer says as she comes into the room.

"Ok, well, I'm just gonna throw these pants on." Bailey says as she goes behind the counter.

"Well, Bailey, how soon can you start?" Dad asks.

"Start? I already got my second leg in." Bailey says.

"I mean, how soon can you start as our nanny? The rooms already fixed up, and you said you liked the mattress." Dad says.

"But darlin', she's not a nanny, remember?" Summer asks dad.

"She could've fooled me." I state causing Summer to look at me and God, I wish she didn't.