chapter eight, the sleepover

chapter eight,
the sleepover

📺🥧🦔

"MELISSA!" Bailey yells from downstairs. I get up out of my bed as Tim sits up.

"I'll be back in a minute." I whisper making him nod. I run downstairs and see Bailey holding the door open. "What's goin' on?"

"We're goin' to Summer's, your Daddy's stayin' there and not Alabama." Bailey says.

"Oh. Ok. Uh, I'm not feelin' well." I say before running back upstairs and laying down next to Tim.

"Hi." He smiles.

"Hi." I smile back. Tim kisses my head and we both fall asleep within minutes.

📺🥧🦔

TIM and I walk into the house to see my family standing in the kitchen. "How about I take everybody out to dinner tonight? Celebrate, any place y'all want." Daddy says.

"Why're we celebratin'?" I ask.

"I got the lead in the school play!" Chloe smiles.

"Aw! Chloe! That's awesome!" I smile.

"And Bailey's audition went amazing." Dylan smiles.

"I wanna go to tootsies!" Bailey smiles.

"Tootsies?" Dylan asks.

"Oh, what am I thinkin'? I can't go celebratin' this news at the bar Boone sings at every night, dressed like this." Bailey says before running upstairs.

"Hey there, Tim." Tuck says to the boy standing next to me.

"Tuck, stop." I order.

"So, Tim, what're your intentions with my sister?" Brody asks.

"Oh, please, what're you gonna do to stop him? Tap his shoulder?" I ask.

"Hey, I'm strong." Brody defends making me raise my eyebrows at him.

"Its ok, Mel. I'll see you tomorrow." Tim smiles as he kisses my cheek.

"Bye." I smile. I watch Tim leave the house and turn back to my family. "One day, y'all are gonna be mentioned in my serial killer documentary."

"You gonna be the witness or the killer?" Cassidy asks making me smirk and shrug my shoulders.

"That's for you to decide." I state.

📺🥧🦔

"IT'S comforting to be reminded that this is where you spent nine years of your life preparin' to take care of my children." Daddy says as we sit at Tootsies, eating our dinner.

"Isn't it invigoratin'?" Bailey asks.

"Daddy, how come you're eatin' so much?" Chloe asks.

"Mm, Daddy's just a little frustrated. Summer put us on a little break. You gonna eat the rest of those fries?" Daddy asks as he takes some of Chloe's fries.