chapter five, the wedding

chapter five,
the wedding

📺🥧🦔

"I hate weddin's." Izzy says as we walk into the church to see Summer's Momma talking to Daddy and the boys.

"Hide me." I tell Izzy.

"What?" She asks.

"Hide. Me. Now." I order making her nod. But she doesn't get any farther.

"Melissa!" Tuck exclaims making me wince.

"Good luck." Izzy says with a cheeky smirk on her face.

"I hate you." I tell her. I smile and walk over to my brothers. "Hi."

"You must be the oldest daughter." The woman smiles.

"That's me." I smile.

"Oh, aren't you just so adorable! Such a presentable young woman!" The lady says making me raise my eyebrows.

"Which one of these oafs said I was a presentable young woman?" I ask in the nicest tone I can muster as I punch Tuck in the arm, making him tense up and wince.

"Oh, that would be Summer." She says making me nod. Then, I look behind her to see Izzy.

"Oh, if you'll excuse me. I see my friend over there. She got us our seats. But first, let me say goodbye to my amazing brothers." I say making her nod and walk over to Daddy at the sign in book.

"I hope all three of y'all get run over by Daddy's truck, and if that doesn't happen, I'm gonna hold a pillow on each of your faces until I see you stop squirming." I threaten with a smile on my face making them look at me, terrified.

I walk over to Izzy and she looks at my brothers. "What did you say to them? They look like you just told them you're gonna kill 'em." She says making me nod.

"I just did." I state making her raise her eyebrows and push me into a seat before sitting down next to me.

"Are you insane?" She asks.

"Ok, wow. Harsh." I state making her eyes widen.

"This is a wedding! The last time you stepped foot in a church was when your Mama died, and you go making death jokes?" Izzy says making me raise my eyebrows.

"Why are you so sensitive?" I ask.

"Because Nana went to the hospital last night." Izzy says. I raise my eyebrows.

Izzy's Nana has been in and out of hospital for months. She's missed school because of it. "Is she ok?" I ask.

Izzy shrugs. "I don't know. I didn't get a chance to visit her." She says.

I lean in and hug Izzy, earning a hug back. "I'm sorry." I whisper.

"Its ok. I just gotta hold on for today. We're gonna see her tonight." Izzy says making me nod. "And you gotta not be crazy for five minutes."

"What?" I ask.

"Tim." Izzy says. I turn my head and there stands Tim.

"Tim! Hey!" I smile.

"Mel, hey." Tim smiles. Izzy moves over and grabs my arm, sliding me over too.

"You wanna sit?" I ask. Tim chuckles and nods.

"Sure." He smiles as he sits down next to me. "Your Dad's datin' the brides sister, right?"

"Yep. She's a handful." I tell him. Tim chuckles and nods. "Why're you here?"