chapter three, the boy

chapter three,
the boy

📺🥧🦔

AS I stand in front of my full length mirror, I admire my outfit. I smile, then pick up my backpack, going downstairs.

"Mornin'." I smile.

"Mornin' baby." Dad smiles. "Sleep well?" He asks.

"Yeah." I smile.

"Y'all know cotton shrinks?" Tuck asks as he comes into the room wearing a very small shirt, that just so happens to be mine.

"That's my shirt, Tuck." I state.

"So?" He asks making me raise my eyebrows and scoff.

"So take it off! Now!" I order. I'm really scary when I have to be. I even scare Dad and Tuck. Its hard to believe, I know.

Tuck puts his arms up in surrender and walks back to his bedroom to get changed. "God, remind me to stay on your good side." Bailey says.

I chuckle. "Please, Cassidy reminds us every day." Dylan says making me nod.

"Its true. I do."

📺🥧🦔

"HAVE you seen Tim yet?" Izzy asks me as we walk down the hallway. I start to look around frantically.

"Tim's here?" I ask making Izzy chuckle and grab my arm.

"No, that's why I was asking you if you've seen him yet." She says making me sigh.

"God, Izzy, don't be jokin' 'bout that." I state making her laugh.

"What's so funny?" Someone asks as they come up to us. We turn our heads to see Tim walking up to us.

I grab Izzys hand and she winces. "Well? What're we laughing at?"

"Uh, Melissa just said something really funny about a show she watched last night." Izzy says making me nod.

"What'd you watch?" Tim asks. I start to stutter.

"Twilight." Izzy states. I nod frantically. Whenever I'm around Timothee Michaels, I get nervous.

"God – I hate Twilight." Tim says. I nod. It kind of sucks that he hates it because, I kind of like it. "Hey, uh, do you wanna sit with me at lunch?"

"I – I –" I stutter.

"She'd love to." Izzy says. Tim nods and walks away. "Why didn't you say anything?" Izzy asks me.

"Why did you say something? You know how I get around him!" I exclaim.

"Jesus, look, you're a pretty girl that has a crush on Tim Michaels. Finally he asks you to sit with him and you're going to stand here and tell me you don't want to spend your break with the guy?" Izzy asks. I fiddle with my fingers.

"Exactly. Now, go get your books and let's go to class." Izzy orders making me nod. "Trust me, you're gonna be fine."

"Sometimes I don't believe you." I state making Izzy laugh.