🌸 Denji x Childhood friend! Reader: Something better (part 1) 🌺

(A/N: This chapter contains spoilers from the Eternity Devil arc, the first part will be the flashback before the battle and the second part will be about Denji's first date with Y/N. Skip the first part if you wanted to see the fluff part of this narrative. Thank you!)

Requested by: @chuyaslover

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Y/N's POV
Time: 11:30

It is time...it is time...

Today is the day that I and Denji are going out together for the very first time and yes, it's just the two of us. Aki is not at home and buying more groceries for the four of us while Power sneaked out of the house, trying to find an easy and possibly illegal way of getting a driver's license before she could probably drive one (A/N: I wonder which and whose car would it be 😏).

'This is odd, I never get to experience a normal and peaceful life before, despite everything we've been through.'

'A calm before the storm is not an option for us.', I thought to myself.

I clenched my f/c skirt as I patiently sit on the theme park's bench next to the fountain. Hearing the sounds of my heart skipping a beat, the sounds of a large crowd's noise pollution, and the jolly music playing on the carousel is not helping me cover the sound of time ticking away in my head quickly. I can't help but recall the day when Denji unexpectedly confessed his love to me before he defeated the Eternity Devil.

He fell in love with me first...we've known each other for a couple of years, but why didn't I share the same feeling as he does?

—————— FLASHBACK STARTS ——————

"Th-This isn't my fault! You! It's your fault! This would have been resolved already if you had just let yourself be eaten like a good boy!" Kobeni said her shaky hands holding a knife, covered with Aki's blood. Aki's squirms echoed inside the hotel room after protecting Denji from getting stabbed, Himeno rushed to him to relieve his pain and was afraid to lose him like her other colleagues again.

All the horror, trauma, and sorrow that the Public Safety Devil Hunters have put us through is enough to confuse me and break my mind. I clenched my fists and slapped the knife off of Kobeni's hand, grabbing her collar and screaming in her face, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! DENJI HAS THE ABILITY TO TURN INTO A CHAINSAW DEVIL, THIS DOESN'T MEAN HE HAS TO SACRIFICE HIS LIFE FOR US!" My hands are getting numb and I don't have the energy to hold my grudge anymore! I don't care if everyone is shocked over what I said, I want to let my anger out!

"Why??! Why are devil hunters like you, ALL OF YOU, so heartless...are you even doing this for the greater good or you're all born to be cowards like her?! Please...please...say something...Denji...*sniff*...Denji...he...he is the only friend that I have left..."

Second person's POV
At this moment, Denji saw tears forming in your eyes, he never wanted to see you cry, he wants you to be happy. He tried to say your name but words are barely coming out of his mouth when you started walking towards the window. His body is paralyzed and couldn't move a single finger. The eternity devil is waiting below the building, you spread your arms and looked down,

"Hey, devil! If you want Denji's heart, take mine instead. Promise me that you won't hurt all the Public Safety divisions that you've encountered!"