𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, gentle

FOUR

❛ He wasn't the first to scar me ❜

He wasn't the first to scar me

PRESENT

Tangerine stares at his wife in astonishment after hearing the story of how her brother had nearly been killed because she chose the Twins over her own mission.

"You fucking idiot," He mutters, running his hands through his slicked back curls, "Why on earth would you choose us over your brother's life?"

"Well, I didn't fucking know that my boss was going to torture my brother instead of me," Vanessa snaps back, "And you should be bloody thankful. I saved your fucking life."

He shakes his head before looking past her and jabbing a sharp finger at Ladybug who's still watching the pair with a dropped jaw and wide eyes.

"You," He grumbles, "You fucking stay there."

Ladybug raises his hands into a surrender, "Oh, no. Don't worry, I'm staying put. I'm far too interested in this love affair than anything else. Please, carry on."

After grimacing at him, Tangerine wraps his hand around Vanessa's rest and pulls her towards the bathroom at the very end of the train before locking the door securely behind them.

Without saying a word, he grabs a few sheets of toilet roll and wets them before cogently grabbing her uncut cheek and turning her face away from her own reflection in the mirror. Her eyebrows stay slightly cinched as she looks up at him while he carefully wipes the blood from her nose and slightly exposed chest. Eve yet now and again he'll mutter under his breath how stupid she was for not telling him sooner and then apologise for his small outburst earlier.

Carelessly dropping the bloody toilet paper into the bin, he tilts her head to the side so he's able to access the damage of the cut on her cheek. His jaw clenches the more he looks over it, and Vanessa looks back at him with raised brows.

"That fucking cunt scarred your cheek," He mutters lowly, his thumb running gently over her other cheek.

She hums, raising a hand to point to the small scar under her eyebrow and then moves her finger to under her lips, "He wasn't the first to scar me," She chuckles, "It's in the job description."

He purses his lips, "Really fucking wish it wasn't in your job description," He watches as she squeezes her eyelids closed and pushes her cheek further into his palm, "Please tell me there isn't anything else you've lied to me about."