Chapter 19

Audrey's POV

I was not one of those girls who wanted to be the popular girl. But somehow I became one. I don't know why, but I did. And I enjoyed it. Being the popular one was the best feeling I ever had. After all the nights and days in hospitals it was what I needed.

I giggled silently and placed another mousetrap on the floor. Elena pushed me gently to shut the hell up, but she was giggling too.

Then the door opened and the mouse traps got set off. The lights got on and everyone saw everyone. I let out a huge and sad 'oh'. Matt Donovan was standing there with a surprised face.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline said and moped. Tyler raised his brows in question.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"

"Clearly," Matt responded.

Caroline let out a huge and flat groan, "How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."

"Yeah Matt," Elena started.

"If we're doing this," I continued her sentence and gestured at Elena and I.

"You're doing this." Elena finished.

Bonnie, Matt and Tyler chuckled to our little performance, but Caroline didn't seem amused.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." Matt looked at us.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie commented with a tiny chuckle.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..." Caroline pouted gently.

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena mimicked Caroline. The blond vampire closed her eyes and smiled.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care," she told us. Her blond curls moved when she laughed.

"You're all lame," Tyler said and grabbed his bag of stuff. "And I've got ten more classrooms to prank."

I started leaving as well, but I got interrupted and turned around by Bonnie.

"Hey! Where are you going?" she shouted with her ghetto mimicking face. I chuckled loudly and showed them my glue.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories," I said with a smile. Caroline smiled as well and jumped up excitedly.

"I love you!" she shouted. I giggled and walked out of the classroom. Outside was Tyler giving instructions to the other students and it made me laugh. He looked at me with a flicker in his eyes. I knew he loved pranking. Elena walked after me, probably to go and help Tyler out.

Then I opened the double doors and bumped into someone. My eyes got up and there he was, again.

"There's my girl," he said with a mad smirk.

"Klaus!" I screamed and got startled. My vampire speed would save me, I was sure of it. Then when I tried it he just banged my head against the lockers and held me by my throat.

"Let us find that sister of yours."

I swallowed as he stared my eyes straight. His hand went to my arm as he squeezed it tightly. Then he showed the blue rock hanging from a silver chain.

"I bet you missed this," he said smugly. He placed the necklace back on my neck and petted my hair. "There you go love. All better," he whispered in my ear. "Now we can go."