Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Hissssss...Scrappppppppppe...Scraaaaaappppe...

A scream rose from the treetops. Mythic found himself in a forest with a small pool of blood besides him. He flinched. What happened? Did someone take his friends? No, don't they dare. His mind whirled.

Claws scratched his face, and then the shadow was gone. Pain rushed through Mythic's body, mostly on his face. What was that?

Mythic hissed with fury. Heart pounding heavily, he pulled himself up, growling. But...What is it? The...thing that attacked. Mythic hissed. "Come on out...don't you ever hurt my friends..."

But where are his friends? "Lunar? SAPPHIRE? Anyone? FEATHER? HORIZON? EAGLE?!LUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" Mythic howled. A cold wind passed him by, but no one answered.

Mythic flung his wings open and leaped into the sky, flying towards where the scream had come from. But couldn't move. He was flying on spot. Not moving at all. What is happening to me? WHERE AM I?

Mythic snapped open his eyes, cold sweat rushed inside him. He was panting, gasping for air.

"Mythic?" Lunar's voice asked. It was full of panic but Mythic was relieved that she was ok.

"Lunar? Are you alright? What happened? Where's the attacker? Is everyone else safe?"

He sat up and realised five pairs of staring eyes was looking at him. "Er...what happened?" He asked.

Lunar sighed. "Are you ok? You woke us all with howling and...hissing." She paused. Mythic was lost for words. "You mean it was all a dream?" He finally said. Lunar winced. "I don't know what you're talking about, but it sounds like a nightmare you just had there." She said. Feather opened her mouth and closed it. She's obviously lost for words as well. Then she opened it again. "W-we should...get back to sleep. Tell us about your dream tomorrow if that's alright?" She turned to Mythic, eyes full of worriedness.

A dream. Mythic's mind flashed an image of his attacker...a shadow. It seemed real. But what is it? It's not a vision, right? It couldn't be. Mythic thought. But what if it is a vision? What do I do?

By all stars, what if it was a vision and Mythic and his friends are in danger for sure?

I'll figure this out. Mythic promised himself. Whatever it takes, I'm not letting my friends in danger. I will do everything to make sure this mission goes right.

The following day was harder than Mythic had imagined. About morning, a lioness with healing power, (who was one of the nurses about Mythic and Lunar's age) arrived unexpectedly.

She healed the injured lions quickly, but the part that was head blistering was Mythic's vision.

He talked them through it about the dream bit by bit, and they had to figure it out.

"So what do you think?" Mythic asked after he had finished describing the nightmare- (maybe a vision)-dream. "I think you just had too many headaches." Petal the healer replied kindly. Mythic smiled at her but her mind was shouting, 'HEADACHES?! I was soooooo happy and stuff yesterday and had no headaches!' "Well, it clearly isn't headaches. Mythic is a prince." Lunar said mockingly, but slightly worried. Mythic rolled his eyes at her. "I'm serious. This isn't normal...right?" He shot at her.

Feather shook her head. "I've never heard anything like this. Only once in a book called 'Curses and Gifts'. It was about all the curses and gifts an animal might have. I th- think Mythic got a gift to-to read the future." Feather said worriedly.