Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Everything hurts. His muscles ached. "Where am I?" Mythic whispered weakly. He can only see the ground. I'm lying down...somewhere. The battlefield? The ground was hard and wet, nothing like the cold grass. So it couldn't be... "Lunar?" He sat up, and there he was, in a cell... next to him was Lunar, still fainted. They were the hyena's prisoners.

Oh no. Mythic panicked. What do I do now? Mother told me not to run into any hyenas, but we did, what's worse, we're prisoners! His mind whirled in circles, but nothing is alright, nothing. What if we die? What if I never see father or mother again? Mythic hissed. Mouse dung! What could possibly be worse? Lunar groaned, sitting up and rubbing her face with one claw. "Where are we?" She asked. "In a prison. I think we're the hyena's prisoners now." Mythic said grimly.

Lunar hissed. "How did that happen?" Mythic was too sceptical to answer. "WE have to escape!" She cried angrily. "SSShhhh!" Mythic hissed, "If you want to escape, keep it down!" He walked to the cell bars and looked out. Eagle was next to their cell with Horizon, still fainted. There are some other lions in front of them, sitting and sighing all the time. "Whoa sorry. Who are you?" Mythic asked. The lion looked up. 

"Me?" Her voice nothing like Sapphire, Lunar or Moonrise's strong voice. It was weak, frightened and small. "Yes, you...wait, aren't you Rose? The lioness that was missing last month?" Lions had been missing for the last three months, including Sunrise. 

And now, Mythic thought he knew where they had been. In Queen Blade, the hyena and the ruler of Boneland's prisoner. 

She nodded weakly. "I was captured in a battle, fighting for our territory." She whispered. Mythic looked around.

 Lions and other animals were sleeping or listening their conversation. "The hyena queen captures all the strong soldiers to fight for them. That foe's plan is to take over Powerland starting with the strong soldiers. Then, when all the strong ones are captured, she can prepare for the final battle. It's pretty simple. You fight for her or die." Rose's expression suddenly was angry and strong, but she was still sitting weakly on in her cell.

Mythic lied on the hay in the prison that night, watching Lunar sleep softly. What have I done? His brain groaned. And with that, he was drifted to sleep with a nightmare vision ahead of him.

Hisssss....scrappppppe....sssssccccraaaape....

Mythic opened his eyes, and he was running. Running behind a shadow.

"Stop! I just want to talk!" He screamed after it. Wet vines smacked Mythic on the face, he jumped over a mossy log and continued pacing through the jungle. "Wait I said!" He shouted, but the shadow didn't stop. It was running. A scream made Mythic nearly jump out of his fur. The scream. He panted and suddenly, the shadow stopped. It attacked without warning. I'm ready for you. I know what you're going to do. He thought furiously. Mythic jumped aside, the shadow landed on the wet, wet ground with a 'oof and lunged for Mythic again. This time, it landed on his ribs, claws outstretched. "AAAARRGH!" Mythic roared. Pain grew on him more and more. "Who...are...you...?" He rasped, and when the shadow was about to reach for his wings, Mythic opened them. Suddenly, all the jungle noises disappeared, darkness rushed around them, and soon, the only thing glowing was his wings. Bright and gold. Red flames raged on his wings, brighter and brighter. The attacker let go of him. Slowly, like snow fading away from the ice mountains, the shadow's darkness faded away, light ripped the darkness away from it, and slowly, standing there was a lion...it was about to speak when....

"Mythic!" A loud yell threw Mythic out of his vision. "Wh-what?" He said. Lunar was clenching his shoulders tightly, looking down at his face.

"I had to wake you from your nightmare. I had this feeling you are having your vision. You can't have that kind of pain on the tail anymore."