Chapter Two

September 15th, 2028

It was the end of the school day. Itsuki was kneeling on the floor in front of his shoe locker when a shadow fell over him. "You've been avoiding me."

Itsuki nearly jumped out of his skin, and his heart began pounding immediately. His breathing quickened and he kept his head ducked. "...No, I'm not," he denied lamely.

"Yes you are, Kiminiro. This is the first conversation we've had in days. When I sat beside you at lunch today, you practically ran out of the cafeteria. You're avoiding me and I want to know why."

Itsuki started shaking as the panic welled inside of him. He struggled to form words to speak. "I-I...Noda," he said breathlessly, squeezing his eyes shut. "I...I'm not..." he sounded so pathetic. His face heated up from embarrassment.

Koryu Noda suddenly knelt down so that he was beside Itsuki. "Kiminiro. Look at me."

Itsuki shook his head. "I...I don't—"

"I said look at me, Kiminiro." Koryu suddenly reached out and grabbed Itsuki's chin, turning his face towards him. Itsuki kept his eyes closed because he was embarrassed...and scared. "You're shaking," Koryu pointed out. "And your face is red. What's wrong, Kiminiro?"

Itsuki didn't respond. He didn't want to respond. "Is it something you can't tell me, Kiminiro? I thought we had become close."

Itsuki felt like crying. He pulled his face away from Koryu. "Please," he said quietly. "I-I have to go—"

He moved to stand, but Koryu grabbed Itsuki's arm and pulled him back down. "You like me, don't you Kiminiro?"

His panic spiked. His eyes shot open and he looked at Koryu with wide eyes. Koryu's handsome face wore a calm expression as he stared back at him. "W...What—" Itsuki stammered.

"I don't mean as a friend, Kiminiro," Koryu said. "Or...Itsuki."

Itsuki exhaled, tears stinging his eyes. He knows. He knows! H-How did he know?!

He was scared. He didn't know what to do. He hadn't had these feelings for another boy before. He thought he had hidden it, but...

Koryu leaned in closer to him. "I'm right then. You like me, Itsuki."

Itsuki's mouth dropped open. He could hear his heartbeat in his ears. "I—I—!"

Koryu suddenly pulled him close and kissed him. Itsuki's eyes widened in shock, and his arms flailed slightly. Koryu took the opportunity to wrap his arms around Itsuki and pull him him closer, deepening the kiss. He didn't care if anyone happened to walk by. Itsuki realized that he didn't care either.

Koryu pulled away, and stroked his cheek while smiling. "It's okay. I feel the same way, too."

~*~

September 18th, 2028

"A-Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

Itsuki was nervous, but he was reassured by Koryu's confidence. It was their free period, and Koryu was holding his hand guiding him towards the track field. He suddenly raised his arm and waved. "There they are! Hey, guys!"

Itsuki shrank a little into himself as Koru led him over to three boys who were sitting together. Two of them had dyed blonde hair and the other had black hair. They all looked up as they approached. Koryu stopped in front of them and looked at Itsuki. "Itsuki, these are my friends. Giichi Nakano, Kazz Yokota, and Ryoto Sendoh." He pointed to each boy in kind. "Guys, this this Itsuki. My boyfriend."