Chapter 2

Fred was downstairs chatting with Molly when Rebecca came back downstairs.  "Finally!"  He grinned.  "I thought I'd have to wait all day."  Molly disappeared down towards the sound of Erroll slamming into the side of the house.

Rebecca rolled her eyes.  "Ten minutes?  I think you'll live."

"A kiss would increase my chances of survival, I think."

Rebecca walked up to him slowly and leaned forward as if she were going to kiss him.  "No."  She let his lips graze against her cheek as she turned her head and went to say goodbye to Molly.

"No?"  Fred echoed hollowly, hopping to his feet after her.  "Love-"

"You can't tease and then ask for a kiss."

Molly glanced up from the post.  "What now?"

Rebecca looked over her shoulder at Fred's pout and laughed.  "Nothing!"  The melodic, heavenly sound Fred loved so much--Rebecca's laugh--forced him out of his mimed sulk.  "We're ready earlier than planned though.  Could we head out?"

Molly narrowed her eyes at the two of them.  "What about Ron and Ginny?  Don't you think they'd enjoy a day out?"

"They would!"  Fred clapped his hands together excitedly.  "George needs to spend some quality time with them, I think!"  He apparated away without another word.

Molly looked Rebecca over.  "Do you have your wand?"  Rebecca opened her jacket to show it.  "What about a jumper?"

"Fred has one in his backpack."  Rebecca leaned into Molly's open arms, closing her eyes in the comfort of the hug.  "We shouldn't be-"

Fred's return interrupted Rebecca.  "George and Cedric will entertain them."

Rebecca felt Molly shake her head.  "Those boys do need to get a move on, but not today."  Molly returned to the post while Fred and Rebecca laughed loudly.

Fred led the way to the door, routine making it so he apparated from there to leave the house without immediate plans to return.  "Little what-now again?"

Rebecca slipped her hand into Fred's.  "Little Whinging, Surrey."

Fred closed his eyes and prepared to apparate them, but was too distracted by other thoughts.  He opened one eye and took a little step away from Rebecca, though she moved to follow him--making him voice his reasoning though it embarrassed him.  "Sorry, can you...take a little step away?"

Rebecca raised an eyebrow, but did as he asked.  With her not so close, he felt that they could get to their destination safely.  

The early morning sun shone outside of the tunnel near the Dursley's and, turning his wrist to see the time, Rebecca frowned.  "We're really early."

"Do you want to go get him?"

Rebecca considered it a long moment.  "If I go there, it will only cause trouble for him later."

"My troublemaker."  Fred wrapped his arms around her from behind.  "What's about then--if you don't want to destroy their front room again?"

"That was awful!"  Rebecca covered her face at the memory, but peeked out from between her fingers at him as he peered over her shoulder to see her.  "There's a playground down that way."

"I am a man, RJ.  I don't-"

"There are swings."

"Merlin, why didn't you start with that?"  Fred began to push her towards the general direction she had motioned the playground in, eventually stepping around her to run ahead when it came in sight.  "Come on, there's-"