𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆, plummet

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter nine ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

AT HIS CALL, Newt runs to his side, watching as Evelyn sprints towards a man, skidding low between his legs and jumping up behind him, sending an electric charge into his spine and he falls flat on his face.

A second later, and she whirls around, dropping her empty gun and pulling her knife swiftly from her waistband to bury it in a man's chest as he attempts to tackle her. He gags for a moment, before collapsing at her feet and she quickly pulls her weapon from his chest, blood seeping from the blade. Another guard makes a b-line for her, his bullets hitting everything else but her as she runs to meet him, her hands curling around his head to slam it into her knee causing him to fall unconscious in her arms.

She twists his body around and holds him against her as she advances on another group of guards, all of their bullets burying themselves in the guard pressed against her chest. While moving forward, she grabs her pistol from the holster on her leg and fires towards each men lined up waiting for her at the end of the corridor. Three collapse as the bullets fly into their hearts, and others yell in pain as the metal digs into their flesh.

Once she's close enough to a lone guard, she throws the man she's holding into him, sending them both crashing through a glass window.

Behind her, she can hear Thomas shouting her name while he fires his own bullets at a different group of guards, but she ignores him completely as she swings her leg into a guard's ankles, causing his head to smack against the tiled floor. She fires a bullet into his back, making him go limp before she effortlessly throws her knife into a man's chest without bothering to look in his direction. She hears him crash to the floor and then she comes a stop in the middle of the hallway, her face smeared with blood droplets and she pants breathlessly, glancing around at the many deceased men at her feet.

Continuing to ignore Thomas, she strolls over to the guard and rips her knife from his chest, sliding the bloodied weapon back into her waistband before finally turning to look over at Thomas and Newt, who are staring at her in astonishment. She steps over the bodies without a care in the world, tilting her head as she comes to a stop in front of the two boys.

"What?" She breaths roughly.

Before either of them can reply, a yell causes them all to dash around a corner and press their bodies against a wall. Newt fumbles with his a guard's body while Thomas complains about his ammo shortage.

"Get back!" The blonde yells, rolling an electric charge bomb along the floor towards the group of guards. It blows before any of them can react and they all collapse to the ground in a heap.