𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, needle

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter thirteen ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

WHILE EVE'S SOBS ECHO THROUGH HER SURROUNDINGS, Minho, Gally, Frypan and Brenda speed around the corner, skidding to a stop beside one another as they stare in shock at Evelyn's shaking form, and the pale limp boy below her.

The three Gladers step forward, their hands coming up to their mouths when they're finally to lay their eyes on the golden boy. The same boy who they claimed as their brother, and the boy who cared for them every second. Minho drops to his knees beside Evelyn, and Gally turns away from the scene. Frypan stares in shock, tears plummeting down his cheeks as he looks at his best friend.

The only noise to be heard is Evelyn's sobs, until suddenly they stop, and she straightens up, wiping her cheeks free of tears. Brenda watches her carefully as the dark brunette stares up at the doors that Thomas has rushed through moments before she'd arrived.

Evelyn stands up, ignoring her friends as she slides the knife from her waistband and she steps over Newt's body, walking towards the industrial building.

"Eve?" Minho calls, but she ignores him, shoving her way through the doors.

He knows where she's going, and he doesn't bother stopping her. If there's one person who can kill the people behind all of this, Eve is that person. She won't stop until Janson and Ava Paige are laying dead at her feet.

Evelyn walks through the empty building, not bothering to creep or quieten her footsteps as she tightens the grip on her knife. Her mind is full of Newt's face and the purple diseased veins littering it. She thinks back to when he revealed the Flare to her, and she remembers the sight of the wound. It wasn't a bite, it was a small hole in his forearm. A small enough hole to be created by a needle. WCKD.

At the other end of the hallway, she notices a familiar man rushing in the opposite direction. She clenches her jaw before smirking.

"JANSON!" She roars, causing the man to while around in a second, wide eyes meeting hers and he notices the wicked smirk spread across her face.

Before he has time to say a single thing, her knife is already soaring through the air between them, lodging itself in his shoulder, perfectly where his bullet proof vest doesn't cover. He lets out a yell of pain, his hand immediately coming up to the wound, and curling around the weapon.

"I'll add this to my— my collection," He grunts before he slides the blade out of his body, causing him to shout, the noise echoing through the large room.