The Underground

[Addie]

I stared, still silent with shock, as Socks slowly eased me into the room.

It's them.

You wouldn't think that I'd be scared of my own creations, but knowing what they were capable of I really wasn't so sure about being in a room of a bunch of them.

Inferno noticed me first. She flicked a tentacle at me, her red eyes boring holes through me. "Socks, who's this?"

"I'm gonna be completely honest with you and say that I have no idea," Socks chuckled nervously, "She hasn't spoken since I found her. From how she's been acting, I assume she's been in shock."

Inferno tilted her head slightly. "And where exactly did you find her?"

"She was lying unconscious in the woods," Socks explained.

"So you just brought some random kid you found knocked out in the woods here?" I could hear the tension in her voice rising. I was tempted to walk out the door, but judging by the fact that we were in the middle of the woods, this was most likely the only bit of "civilization" anywhere near here.

Inferno walked over to me, her eyes sweeping over me, observing me.

"You... remind me of someone..." She said, a low growl edging her voice.

Right. Addie was obviously based off of real-life me, and Inferno was currently possessing Addie.

"What's your name?"

Well, I couldn't really get out of this one. After a tense, silent moment, I finally replied,

"A-Addie."

"Interesting," Her eyes bore through me suspiciously, and I felt a cold tentacle wrap around my torso.

"Now, let's not get harsh here-" Socks attempted to get her to back off, but Inferno simply gave him a sharp growl. He shrunk back immediately.

Inferno glared back at me.

"And how did you get here again?"

"Uh- I, uh-" I stuttered, trying to think of some explanation.

But just then, someone cut in.

"Lay off her, Inferno. She's done us no harm. Yet."

I turned my head to see a girl, not much older than me, with dark hair and green eyes. Her hair was also streaked with green.

Inferno growled, and I sighed in relief as she unwrapped her tentacle from around me. Didn't think that she would listen to anyone that easily, especially the person walking to me now.

"Hello, there," Anatox gave me a tired smile.

"Uh- hi," I said.

"Sorry about that," she apologized, "You'd think these guys were animals by the way they act."

Inferno obviously took offense to that, even though she was technically part wolf. She pinned her ears and gave a low growl.

I remained silent, not really wanting to agree in fear of getting killed.

"You're quite the silent type," Anatox observed.

I shook my head. "Sorry, I'm just... confused about the last fifteen minutes of my life, I guess."

"That's understandable," Anatox chuckled, "Not everyday you run into a bunch of supernatural and mostly bad or evil beings that want to kill you as soon as you walk into the door."

I gave a nervous laugh.

"And who do we have here?"

I inhaled sharply. I knew that voice. I felt myself tense up.