A Plan

[Akik]

I paced to and fro, tail swishing in uncertainty as I walked in the endless black void. I was still in the meeting place with Dayan, who was polishing his katana with a cloth. He looked up at me, pausing his action to stare.

"Akik, I'm as concerned as you are about Blaza," Dayan started. He paused, thinking for a second before correcting, "Actually, I'm probably nowhere near as concerned. But you need a break. We don't need your brain overloading and melting down because of your husband."

I didn't reply. I bit my lip, looking to the ground as my mind kept racing. Thoughts of where he might be, what might be happening to him. And of that strange presence I'd felt back at the cabin, not long after Blaza had first gone missing. That person definitely had something to do with it. It was no coincidence they showed up so soon subsequently.

Dayan's katana disappeared, and he let his hands fall to his sides as he walked towards me. He put his hand on my shoulder when I got close enough. I jumped slightly, not expecting the contact, then relaxed as I saw Dayan's soft, magenta eyes crossed with concern.

"Akik," he said firmly. "Chill. Out. Like I said, melting your brain with your thoughts isn't helping anyone."

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose as I sat cross legged on the ground. Dayan knelt down next to me, a friendly distance away.

"I-I'm sorry," I exhaled, "Maybe I am overreacting."

"No one said you're overreacting. Blaza's missing, and that's not normal, so you have every right to be worried," Dayan encouraged, "Just don't wear yourself out doing it."

"This is why I don't get into relationships."

The voice came so suddenly I cried out in surprise as I jerked, turning fully around as I stood. My wings flared defensively, my eyes meeting the newcomer's.

Meeting my own eyes.

It was me. Me in a demon uniform, with a scar over my eye and an unfriendly smirk.

Other me flicked his tail, the end chipped at the point. "Oh, did I scare you? I'm sorry. Maybe I should..."

He suddenly lunged at me, wrapping strong claws around my throat. Dayan rushed to my aid, but was immobilized by strings of shadow tying him to the ground. White swirled around in the strings, like dark clouds passing to reveal slivers of sunshine behind.

"...Make my presence known?" he finished with a smile.

"Commander," I growled.

I knew him. He was from the antagonist cabin. My alter-ego, basically. He didn't like me, despite my efforts at friendship.

"So you remember me?" Commander lashed his tail as he grinned, "What a pleasure to know that I know myself."

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"Oh... I'm here for reasons I'd rather not reveal," Commander said simply, "But let's just say that maybe, just maybe, I'll be reuniting you with your little human lover. But not for long."

Pain struck my skull as he summoned a dark indigo dagger, slamming the grip into the side of my head. I cried out as he let go of me and I crumpled to the ground. Black swarms enveloped my vision as Commander's malicious gaze disappeared from view.

----

[Addie]

I stared at the black, smooth pen in my hands. Like any ordinary pen, except for, as I've heard, it's powers of creation and destruction, depending on how it's used. Prismarine sat cross-legged in front of me.