Two

TWO

"Give in or give out"

*PRIOR TO COMPANY 8'S VISIT

"You WHAT?!?", the girl exclaimed as her parents had given Beni all of her things inside their home. Her room was empty and clothes nowhere to be found. She was confused as to why her family would give her up. "So you don't have to walk at night, it's dangerous", her mother had said with a wide-eyed smile. "This is Asakusa, nothing happens at night, especially with Beni around", she argued, but her father insisted on her moving in with Beni. "Otosan, this is absurd. You're giving me away?", she pouted and had small tears on her eyes, kneeling down on the floor. Both her parents knelt down before her and had sad-looking faces, but also relieved ones. "Stumbling upon you, just outside of Asakusa, was the best day of our lives. We wanted to parents and you've given us that chance, even if we don't know half of your life", her mother started. "We're not giving you away, silly. And besides, we'd still see each other everyday. It would just be, you not coming home at night", her father added. "We love you so much and we want you to open up a new chapter, that's why we agreed with Waka's decision", her tears had started to fall, but stopped altogether, knowing this was not her parents' idea, but her boyfriend's. "So, you didn't propose this?", she asked. They nodded. She sighed and got up, pulling her mother's arms and hugged them both. "That felt emotional", she spoke in such maturity, laughing off her child state. They all smiled at each other and hugged. Then, her parents had dinner at Beni's place, them leaving right after a few chats and drinks. It seemed a little too weird for Kazuya. It even felt as if they were a couple, and she had been living at her 'husband's' place for a decade or so. When has the world gone upside down? She thought to herself as her parents had fallen over Benimaru and was thrilled of her moving in. Of course, not only did her parents were thrilled, but also the twins, who couldn't stop bugging Kazuya on where she'd sleep, beside Hina or beside Hika. Beni glared at the two and announced that she'd be sleeping in his room. And another argument had started.

When dinner was done and her parents had gone home, she waited for Beni inside 'their' room and fixed up the bed on the floor. "I'm glad your parents agreed", Beni said, entering the said room. "Of course, they'd agree, because you offered", she playfully darted death glares at him, with a smirk on her face. "I want you here, with me. Every morning and night", he leaned in for a kiss and she gladly took it. She giggled as she laid down the bed, Beni's right hand on her waist and the other cupping her cheek, the two sharing a steamy kiss.

And that would be how Kazuya had started living with Beni. There might have been confusions, the following days, like how Kazuya had announced that she was going home, only to be reminded by Beni that she's living with them now. "Oh yeah, I am living here", she nervously and embarrassingly chuckled, scratching the back of her neck. "My bad", she added. But all was well, because the house had just become livelier than ever. The twins were the most excited, because she would get to hang out with them a little longer and sing all the lullabies, they would want her to sing. She had such beautiful voice that even Konro found it enchanting, falling asleep right next to the twins.

...

*A FEW WEEKS / MONTHS AFTER THE WHITE-CLAD AND DEMON INFERNAL ATTACK

Her life felt peaceful as she tucked the girls in bed, right after telling them bedtime stories and singing to them, lullabies for them to fall asleep. She kissed each one's forehead and smiled softly, before closing the door behind her. She trailed towards her and Beni's shared room, only to find it empty. "Beni! Are you still out here? The girls are already sleeping and I think we should be... too", she opens the curtains to find a mysterious man talking to Benimaru. She stiffened and looked intensely at the man who gave her such soft eyes. "O-oh, you have a guest. I-I'm sorry if I interrupted something... I better go", she backed away a little and turned around, only to be stopped by the man's voice. "It's alright. I was just leaving anyway", he said and she turned to him once more, shaken lips, teary eyes. She closed it for a moment, sucking all those waters away from falling down, so that she won't make Beni confused as to why she was almost crying. She fixed her composure and nodded, bowing down slightly, Beni standing up and taking her hand.

She didn't question him on what the two had talked about. She didn't want to pry on Beni's private business, but if she did ask, she knew Beni would tell her the truth, because he was that of an honest man. And so, as Beni had slept peacefully, Kazuya had sneaked out of the room and ran into the tallest structure in Asakusa, where she knew, a certain man would be waiting for her.

"I never really thought you'd come", the man had said, blowing off smoke as Kazuya had emerged from the darkness. "Long time no see, Five-Two", she glared at the man who only looked at her with such yearning and passion. But as the two had stared at each other, she couldn't help but soften her gaze and run towards the man, hugging him, arms wrapped around his neck. The man had caught her, arms wrapped around her waists as the man buried his head in the crook of her neck. "It's good to see you, Kazuya", he said and she cried on his shoulder. "I can't believe it, Five. You're really here", she embraced the man some more, Joker chuckling at the statement. "I'm here", he said and they remained in their position, Kazuya above ground and in the arms of Joker.