Six

SIX

"The best and the greatest"

She went back to her home with a big and wide-eyed smile on her face. "Someone looks happy", commented a certain someone, waiting for her by the door of their room. "I am... so happy", she said as she greets her love with a kiss on the lips, wrapping her arms around his neck. "So, what happened?", he asked, a hint of worry laced on his voice. "Did I ever mention that you're the best and the greatest?", she said to him, grinning so happily. "Did he do some kind of spell to you?", he asked and she felt offended, smacking him right after and Beni chuckling, saying sorry and wrapping her arms around her waists, pulling her in. "I was only joking. And I may have recalled you saying that I'm the best and greatest", he said, looking back on almost everyday, when Kazuya would compliment him, by saying he was the best and the greatest. "Well, you better believe it, because it's true. You are the best and the greatest, Shinmon Benimaru", she rested her forehead against his, a light smile coming to his mouth, Kazuya kissing his nose. "Now, tell me what happened", he said in a soft tone, but firm and whole. "We had our closure, telling the stories about our time apart and making sure that we had said enough sorrys to make up for past mistakes. In the end, he said he'll remain the enemy, if necessary, but I don't think he will have to remain the villain in this story", she said to him with a smile. "I'm tired", he nuzzled up on her chest and she laughs getting ticklish. "Then why did you wait up", she tried pushing him away, ending up to leading him to the bed as he drops the both of them down.

She only laughed at his reaction, saying the cutest "ouch" in the whole wide universe. "How else would I sleep without my pillow?", he continued to hugged her tightly, buying his face on her chest. "Shinmon Benimaru, I suggest you sleep now, before I make you", she commanded and he complied, mumbling to himself as he fixes himself on the bed and she just looks at him with the softest loving face. "Why do I have to be so in love with you?", she questioned in a form of a light whisper as she cups his cheek and looks into his eyes. "Because I am the best and the greatest", he answered and she crinkled her nose, disbelief in her face with the form of mockery he did. "Well that is true", she giggled and moved closer to him. With Beni by her side, she felt like the world had thrown her lots and lots of love and blessings. She had found a home, a family, friends to lean on and love that would last long. She had to fight all hardships to get where she is right now and she is happy. She is happy with him. Happiest than she's ever been. "Kazuya", he called out. "How would you feel, if I had asked you to... change your surname, to mine?", he asked, a little raspy voice, but with all the strength and courage he could muster, just to ask her to marry him. "I would feel the happiest, but would also advice you to not ask me right now, because it feels quite too early. We're only in our two-year relationship and-", she was cut off by his sudden response. "So, this ring, wouldn't be enough to make you say yes already?", he took out a box from his haori and she softly gasped. "B-Beni, you were serious?!?", she exclaimed, covering her mouth, the excitement in her eye making her cheeks flare red. "Since when have I ever been... not serious?", he had a point, but she was too surprised. "You're not asking me because you're feeling like you have competition, right?", she asked, just confirming that this wasn't about Joker coming back to her life. "This came with everything that he had left me. I had originally planned on asking you last year, but I didn't find the right moment. Then, I said I'd asked you after you had meant your 'I love you', but we got busy. I'm guessing this is from my adopted mother, so...", he showed her the ring and it was majestic to look at. With engrave Japanese kanjis that read, "to love you for forever". "Beni, you can call him father or dad if you want to", she said with concern. 'And the ring is lovely", she complimented and he softly smiled. "It would suit you, if you wore it", he teased and she could see it, but it was a good tease. "You're changing the subject", she said and he sighed. "The man was a good man. It's not like he didn't want you. He just... wanted you to be strong. Tough love, right?", the man looked away, but she grabbed his face and forced him to face her. "Like I said, I'm just a stray dog he found", he spoke, a tsked right after. "Yes, and he took you in. He could have easily thrown you away or not even notice you, but he did and he took you in. He might have been a little strict, but at least he still gave you a home". He was unconvinced. And although she didn't want him to have to think of his adopted father that way, maybe time would change it. "I just know he's proud of you", she spoke and he closed his eyes. "I know", he said and she shot him a glance, after looking down. "I know he's proud of me", he smiled softly and gave her a kiss on the nose.

"Now, about my proposal", he leaned in closer, their foreheads touching.

"Ask me again when you're in my age now, oh and if the world isn't going to burn into the flames of hell, then I'll consider being Mrs. Shinmon. But right now, let's just enjoy being with together... although, you can act as if we're married", she grazed his cheeks, her fingers so soft. "In the end of the day, Shinmon Benimaru... I'll always be yours", and with that, he took her face and gave him a deep, passionate kiss. Both eyes closed, hearts content. "Are you going to wear it? Or am I going to have to order you to wear it", he asked after breaking the kiss. "You're tricking me into saying yes, you manipulative baby", she patted his cheeks. "I'll wear it as a necklace, keep it close to my heart", she smiled as she set the ring on a safe place and gave it a kiss before putting it away for the moment. "Promise?", he asked. "Promise".