Five

FIVE

"Over and done"

She waited for his return, but she was too anxious to settle down. She had also lost her trust in Joker's words and so, she went there by herself, towards the battlefield that Joker wanted her out of. The two, Joker and Benimaru, were attacked by the Holy Sol's Shadow, the very same assassins that once trained with both Five-Two and Zero-Two. When Beni was surrounded by such people, Kazuya came barging in with a matoi on her hand as she threw it like a spear towards one of the enemies. "Kazuya! What are you doing here?", he turned to her with a glare. "I'm sorry, but I couldn't just seat knowing that you're in danger", she said in a strong tone, as she punches and kicks her way towards Beni. "Well, now you know how I feel about not doing anything", Joker joins in and she rolls her eyes at him. "Correction, I may know how you feel about doing nothing, but the differences between us is that I don't leave", she bites back, a little sassiness, but also just infuriated by his sentence and choice of words. "For the last time, I had to. You'd be in danger", he said, his voice annoyed as hell. "And for the last time, I don't care!", she shouted, all the while fighting multiple assassins coming after them.

"Well, I do. And for your information, even if I had left you, I watched over you for years" – Joker

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?!? I can't believe you'd use that as an excuse. So what if you watched over me? Wouldn't it be better if you just showed me that you were still alive this whole time?!?" – Kazuya.

"What difference would it make, if I had told you I was alive, if I had appeared to you, alive and well? And how would that keep you away from harm?" – Joker

"Harm?!? They went after me, after you left. These people are hellbent on wanting me off the face of the earth. I WAS STILL HARMED BY YOUR ACTIONS, BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY!" – Kazuya.

"I know they went after you. You wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for my help. And I already said I was sorry" – Joker.

"Well, jeez... Thanks for saving my life, but how dare you question my survival without you by my side. I am far more superior than you, Five! And by the way, your sorry, I don't know if I'll ever accept it. You've broken my trust so much, its hard to mend it back" – Kazuya.

"I didn't question your survival. And if you don't ever forgive me, then I-", Joker spoke, the two facing each other, both brows were furrowed and both had their hands turned into fists. Benimaru spoke, shouting at the two of them, causing Joker to not finish what he was about to say. "HEY! Enough with your bickering and love quarrel, might as well, finish the job", he said and the two rolled their eyes at each other, fighting off all of the Holy Sol's Shadow assassins.

Just then, the boss had finally arrived. He had a scent that Kazuya could not shake, and judging by the sudden intense feeling, she was sure that he had arrived. She glared at the man, while Beni was a little bit busy with the remaining assassins. "Long time no see, Zero-Two", he turned to her with a blank expression, but she knew it was mockery, written all over his face. She loathed the man for what he did, to both her and Joker. To be completely honest with herself... she blames him for everything that had happened to her and Five, everything from the start, up to Five's insistence of leaving her. She was angered by this, so much, she could feel the heat of her body rising. But she remained calm, because she didn't want to worry Beni. "Your fight is with me, not her", Joker spoke. "Help your boyfriend, Kazuya. Go!", he looked at her with a soft gaze that ached her heart. There he was, the protective Five, always has been the one to shield me. She thought to herself as she nods her head and helps her boyfriend.