Three

THREE

"Shared past"

*TW: MENTIONS OF RAPE AND ABUSE

Orphaned, when her parents had turned into infernals on her mother's birthday, Kazuya had run away in the feelings of anger, sadness and guilt. She couldn't think and instead, she ran and ran as fast as she could. She wanted to just disappear and forget that ever happened. She wanted to call for help, but it was impossible. She didn't have a phone with her, the neighbors had closed their doors, some had panic, and some were just not, available. The police station would be miles and miles away, but luckily, there were those that called for help. But Kazuya on the other hand, just ran, because she didn't have a family anymore.

It started to rain that day as the girl kept crying and running away from her home. Her eyes glowed uncontrollably, because of her emotions. Her hair had started to set ablaze as she ran. But then she slipped and stumbled into people, sending her back a few steps and her head hitting on the ground. She yelped in pain, but fell unconscious. And the next thing she knew, she was somewhere unfamiliar. "Where am I?", she asked, scared and alone, two men in front of her. "You'll be alright now, child. But you have to follow us from now on, okay?", a man had said, her heart pounding so much.

...

She had immense talent in pyrokinesis and was easier to be taught when it came to combat skills because of her flexibility. She was also a good listener, compared to the guys, but she never really knew any of them, because she was trained separately, not unless she'd be sparring with one of them. She was like a robot being built up from scraps. Being the only girl in the Holy Sol's Shadow, she felt alone and she hated it, but what she hated the most, is how the captain – their trainer – would treat those with special talents and this included her.

When her sparring session would commence, the guys would praise her, not just for her skills, but also her beauty and it seemed to have angered the captain. He would call for Kazuya at night, only to domestically abuse her with a knife, slicing bits and bits of skin on her face and body. At other times, he would let her strip of her clothes and touch her towards places she should not even be touched. She cried for him to stop, her dignity being eaten away, but he kept on doing it, saying that if she doesn't follow, bad things were to happen. But even if she did follow, it continued for a long time. She might have been able to accept it, if she was the only one being abused like that, but her friend had received a lot more physical beating than her.

One day, she was training by herself, under the dark pits of Netherland, wanting to be strong, but the captain's voice had lingered in her mind which caused her to panic so much. "Are you okay?", Five-two asked, running towards the girl who had knelt down due to shaken legs. "F-five. I- I'm fine", she manages a smile, but clearly, she wasn't in anywhere, fine. She sat down and he sat on the ground with her. "You know, it' funny how I still call you by code name and yet you know my real one", she spoke with a laugh. "I- I don't know if I even have one", he stuttered and she chuckled. "Don't worry, that's fine. Five-Two suits you anyway, so mysterious", she teased. He then, talked about stuff, he knew would take her mind off of things, but the curiosity in his bones, were bugging him. "0-2... I've been meaning to ask you this. We've been friends since I came here and you really don't have to say anything, but I just noticed that the captain takes you upstairs and not in his room. But you comeback... so ruined. What is he doing to you?", she seemed so shaken by the question, but she makes a joke out of it, because honestly, it was painful to talk about it to her friend. "Not worse than you", she said as she touched the side of his cheek, her hand so soft. "Does It hurt?", she asked out of pity and sadness, not being able to stop the captain from beating up his friend, because she was afraid, he'd do that to her. She felt selfish. "A little bit", he replied and held her hand on his cheek. She smiled softly as she laid her head down on his shoulder. "You're changing the subject", he uttered and she could only just chuckle. But she looked down, hiding her face from the littlest light and took a deep breath. "He touches me", she whispered and the boy had stiffened at his position, heart pounding so loud, anger surging in his bones, his very blood boiling. "He what?", he asked in gritted teeth, it was the last straw for him. The captain could do anything to him, hell, burn him for all he cares, but he should never touch his friend, never. "How long has this been going on?", he asked, angry tears falling down his face. "...Since last year... once or twice. Three times, if h-he's feeling like it", her voice had broke, the pits of her stomach, disgusted by what she has become. It felt wrong and she could feel herself about to vomit. If I could only clean my very being. She thought to herself as hot tears had slid down her cheeks. She faced her friend who had his hands turned into fists. "Five... look at me", she pleaded, but it was hard to look at the sad face of someone you hold dear, the face of someone getting hurt and abused. She cupped his cheeks and he turned to her, eye-to-eye, getting more shattered as he saw her broken smile. "I'm okay. I've always been, because of you", she smiled, wide-eyed and he hugged her, so tightly. "I'll get you out of here", he whispered as she buried her face on his shoulder. "I promise".