Four

FOUR

"Broken Promises"

"I can't believe you're really here", she sobs and cried so much, hugging the man too tightly. She wanted to know if he was real. She wanted to feel it. "I- I waited for you on the train station, but you didn't come. I- I was worried, I th-thought you were captured", she lets go of the hug, examining his body for anything, just anything. She looked at his eye and tilted her head in question. "W-what happened to you? What happened to your eye?", she asked, hot tears on her cheeks. "D-did they capture you? Was the Holy Sol's Shadow there before you could even get on the train? Tell me, five! What did they do to you?", she kept asking too many questions, but couldn't get a single answer from the man who only looked at her. "Five?", she backed away as if she was scared of the man in front of her. "I- I'm so sorry, Kazuya", he put his head down. "What do you mean?", she asked, in disbelief, heart breaking right after she hears his next words. "I saw you waiting... I was there", he said and her jaw had shaken. "What?".

...

She sat down on one of the benches, just outside the train station. She fiddled with her fingers, getting more and more worried with each second passing. Where is he? She thought to herself, unable to settle her pounding heart down. "Where could he possibly be?", she spoke in soft tone, trying to breathe in and out, but she was too paranoid to settle down. She waited for hours on end, but he was nowhere to be found. She cried, holding onto her heart in anger, as the sky had poured out its tears. She hugged herself as she stood up and looked for a place to rest. He could have been captured and tortured. He might be in trouble. She thought to herself, scared for Five-Two's life. Where are you, five? I'm so scared right now. I need you. She found a secluded place to settle down for the meantime.

Morning came and the sun shined so brightly, making Kazuya realize that she had fallen asleep, soaked and dirty. She immediately stood up and went straight to the train station, hoping that Five-Two was there waiting for her, but nothing. Her heart pounded once more, faster and faster, every beat was a pain. Five? Where are you? I- I need you. She, once again, thought and spoke to her mind, nipping her nails in nervousness.

...

"What do you mean, you were there?", she asked, hands turning into fists, anger laced in her voice. "I was there at the train station and saw you waiting, fidgeting with your fingers, looking down", he said, feeling nostalgic at the look on her face that seemed to have made him laugh a little. "I- Why?", she asked and he turned to her. "You went back, didn't you?", the once sad face, turned into a raging monster as she demanded an answer from him. "Yes, I did", he replied and she got so angry. "Why?!? Why would you go back when you promised not to", she had shouted, annoyed. But he remained quiet. "If you're not going to tell me anything, then I better go. Beni might get worried when he sees that I'm missing", she bit her upper lip looking down with a frown as she turns around, but was stopped by Five-Two himself. "I needed the truth and it was the only way I knew how to obtain it. I didn't just come here for your boyfriend, I came to apologize", he broke his stoic and mysterious character just to speak in such melancholy tone, for her to look at him. She turns around, looking a lot more disappointed than he'd hope. "And so, you sacrificed me to get what you want, is that what you're saying?", Five-Two could only hope it wasn't too late to reconcile with her. But given that Kazuya never thought that the boy whom she loved the most, would hurt her this bad. "Y-yes", he stuttered. "And did you obtain it? The truth?", she asked in irritation, raising an eyebrow as she gritted her teeth with close mouth. "I'm close. Years of finding it and I'm close in getting an answer", he seemed too excited that he looked like a complete psychopath in her eyes. Am I losing Five-Two? She thought to herself as she eyed the man. "And then what?", she asked once more and he paused. "So, you sacrificed me to obtain the truth to all your questions, not thinking what you'd do with it, once you found it. You left me-", her voice as broke as it sounded, was holding all the strength she could muster not to punch him in the face, scream at him for leaving her the way he did, making her feel alone. She was mad at him, so mad, she could kill a damned man. But as she was speaking, hearing the word 'you left me', Five-Two countered. "I didn't want to leave you", he said only making Kazuya's blood, boil more. "Didn't want? Didn't WANT?!? YOU LEFT ME ALONE! YOU LEFT ME TO FEND FOR MYSELF! YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULDN'T, YOU PROMISED ME WE'D BE TOGETHER! YOU PROMISED ME, WE'D BE FINE, BUT INSTEAD, YOU THREW EVERYTHING AWAY!", she pounded into his chest, pushing him towards the edge of the building. Her eyes glowed and her hair turned into pure fire and she fought with him. She tried punching him, but he quickly dodged her every attack, not until Kazuya found an opening and got to punch him in the face real hard. He fell on the ground and she straddled him, a hand on his neck, about to punch him some more, when she stopped. The position, reminded her of the beatings he used to get from their captain, their trainer and it broke her heart that they both ended that way. "Why? Why did you have to leave me?", she asked, her arm falling to her side as her hand fell towards his chest. "I looked for you, for years. And even then, I waited patiently. We were happy with just the two of us. Why? Why, five?", she lets go of her hold on his neck, facing him as he called out to her name. "Because I knew I could never give you everything you have right now. I could never give you a happy life, not like he does", he softly smiled, a genuine smile he does when he looks at her. In a way, it reminded her of Benimaru, or is it the other way around. She stood up, sighing right after, not saying anything to him as she stood on the edge of the building.