The Lost Boys Base

The base is amazing. We stop on the verandah and walk up the stairs. There is an open living/kitchen/dining area and then the bathroom with a drop toilet. On the second floor are all the lost boys rooms and on the top floor is Peters bedroom. It is a fairly small room, being about 10mx10m in total. One wall has a faded map of what I think is Neverland as wallpaper, and the others are plain wood. He has a double bed in the corner, covered in a dark green quilt and a blue wool blanket on top. The pillows match the wool blanket. "All the mattresses are filled with goose down." Peter informs me. That is literally the softest thing ever. "So where do I sleep?" I ask with butterflies building in my stomach. "You sleep on one side of the bed and I'll sleep on the other." He says, smirking again. "How about I sleep on the bed and you sleep on the floor?" I say, half laughing. "He puts his hands up in surrender and laughs the word "fine." Suddenly Felix comes up the stairs in a fluster. "We have a situation and we need Alex to fix it." He says seriously. He looks like he's trying to stifle a laugh though. I walk down the stairs, squeezing Pans shoulder playfully as I go past. He holds my hand for a second then lets go, following me down.