What are you afraid of?

I decide to make a rabbit roast because it would be easy for a 6 year old to help make. I give him some potatoes and carrots from a sack, and a wooden chopping board. I then bring over a knife and show him how to cut the vegetables instead of himself. I attempt to skin the rabbits but the knife I'm using isn't sharp enough. Peter walks over and watches what I'm doing. He stands back and looks intently. He then giggles. "What?" I press. "Need a better knife than that." He says laughing, as he hands over a knife from one of his pockets. "Could have said that earlier." I say, poking him with the knife. He walks next to me and starts skinning another rabbit. Pretty soon we have skinned about 3 each and Max has nearly finished his vegetables. All of a sudden a skinned rabbits leg is next to me. "Blah!" Peter shouts. He's trying to scare me. I smile and shrug it off. "Not scared Alex?" "No, unlike most girls I don't think of things as gross or unsanitary." He raises his eyebrows.
"So what are you scared of?" He leans on the bench top, looking interested about what I was about to say. "Well, I don't actually know. I think it might be of dying, but I don't think so anymore." "Why do you say 'anymore'?" He sits out the bench top. "Because when I was being kidnapped, I thought I was about I die, but I wasn't shaken at all. Same as when Hook was coming after me. I think it's because I knew I wasn't going to die. I knew there was a way out of it." "Finished." Max chimes in. Peter sits silently and looks as though he's in deep thought. I place all the rabbits on a rack and lay them next to a window. The weather is cool enough to leave them out so they don't get rotten, and drying them out for a bit makes the outside crunchy. "So, Peter. What are you scared of?"