Chapter 8: Praises

Heres chpt 8 too :) Enjoy

Past (continuing from the previous "past")

The next day (after November 10, when I found the perfect prey) in school, the principal called us for an assembly. We all gathered at the hall.

"Good morning everyone, hope you had a great day yesterday. Yesterday, something extraordinary happened. Two of our fellow friends helped a woman from being robbed by a thief, and then graciously helped the woman to carry her grocery bags home. They were outstanding. The woman emailed us, complimenting the two fellow students," The principal announced. Upon hearing that, I froze. I looked at Yoshiro. He was looking at me. I gave him a thumbs-up. He smiled.

"Will Yuuto and Yoshiro please step out? They are the students who helped the woman," the principal said. The whole hall erupted into applause. Mizuto winked and placed his arms around my shoulder, high-fiving me, and congratulating us. Yoshiro and I stood up and went up to the stage.

"Good job, to you!" the principal said, patting both of our shoulders.

"Heh... thanks! But Yuuto did all the work though... I just stood by and watched. I hesitated because I was scared, and Yuuyo went in and stopped the thief. He was the one who was brave. I didn't really do anything. I don't deserve this praise. He should be the one receiving praise, not me. He did everything and helped the lady," Yoshiro stated, pointing at me. I was shocked. What? Why is he giving me all the compliments? He clearly did help out a lot too! Why is he being so humble... Humble? Humble! The one without pride! Thinking about it, he has always been very humble! Why did I not notice it! Some fun has always been in front of my eyes! I never noticed it! He fits under the One without Pride! He has always been so humble. Be it helping others or doing well in tests, he's always too humble! I remembered that there was once when he saved a person from being beaten up and he saved the person, along with someone else, and he got some citizen award from the police. A reporter also interviewed him but he pushed all the compliments to his friend. How could I overlook this? God, I'm so dumb. I smiled internally. He's a sinner. He will be judged. I want to free him of his sins.

"Either way, good job to both of you!" the principal smiled, giving me a thumbs up, and snapping me out of my thoughts. Yoshiro and I smiled, although we probably smiled for a different reason.

"Hey guys, wanna hang out after school, let's celebrate what you all did yesterday!" Mizuto came to us after the assembly. Yoshiro and I nodded.

"Let's meet at our usual spot after school?" I asked. Yoshiro and Mizuto gave a thumbs up.

Time skip to after hanging out

"Bye!" I waved goodbye to both of my friends. They waved goodbye too. It was getting late. As I was walking home, I noticed something. Isn't this place quite close to Akane's home? I smiled. Let's go monitor her movements! I'm excited. I hid in one of the bushes and waited. It seems like she isn't home. I wonder where she is. I continued to hide in the bushes and wait.

After an hour or so, my eyelids were getting heavy. I was tired. I cannot stay awake. Where is she? I was becoming increasingly annoyed. However, out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a familiar figure walking. It instantly shot me awake. She's here! I thought to myself. It looks like she's wearing a... uniform? It's a uniform! It looks like a MacDonald's uniform? She's a MacDonald's worker? Heh, this might get interesting. I watched her get greeted by her daughter, and they went into the house. I smirked as I came out of my hiding spot and ran back home.

November 11

I'm excited again. I have found another victim. And I know where the woman lives and what she does. I'll be making a plan and soon put it into action... I'm very excited.

Next up, the one without pride. Yoshiro. He is the one without pride. He is also my friend. I never noticed that he is humble, until today. I noticed it when we were being complimented by the principal for our good deed. He was pushing all the compliments to me, and giving me all the compliments while saying he does not deserve the compliments. I also overlooked that one day when he saved someone from beating and he got a citizen award from the police, but he was too humble and he passed the compliments to his friend when a reporter was interviewing him. He's too humble. He's a sinner. I wanna put him out of his misery soon. I'll kill him. This is getting exciting. I love this.

The police told me that there were no updates to the case, "unfortunately". It's fun seeing them scrambling around like a headless chicken.

I jotted that down into my notebook. I was very happy. I looked at the two skulls. I smirked.

"You two like what I'm doing? Heh, thanks to you. I could never wish for more," I told the skulls.

I closed my notebook and went to bed.