12.

"Oh, I like my taste. This place is perfect." with his mind clear once again, Five appreciated his own taste of places where to hide, while his mind wasn't complete. But he didn't like that this forgetting kept on happening. It had grown into a problem. At least he could still do math no matter what state of mind he was in.

 It meant that one day, in two years or more, he will find a way back. In the worst case he just had to sit there until his death, never meeting Patch again. That was one annoying problem with time jumps so far.

He walked around in the house, everything was quiet and he became tense. It was too quiet, something was coming.

No way, house this old, wouldn't make any noise. That prediction he had made about something coming, came true.

"Hello, Five."

Five didn't answer and attacked in cold blood. The Monocle was not going to take him back.

"I can help you. You want to go back into your time, right?"

Five stopped. maybe Reginalds younger self was better than the old him.

"I saw what you wrote downstairs and I know the final answer. Like I told you, I can help you."

"Why?" asked Five the most important question "Why should you help me?"

"Let's call it an experiment. I'm curious about what will happen and why you hate me."

Five was hesitating. He didn't exactly like the way old man acted. It seemed suspicious.

"Why should you risk like that? It may not be worth it. I may have no reason at all."

"You don't look like someone without a reason and I'm prepared to take that risk. It won't be the first time curiosity has killed the cat but I seek knowledge other way unreachable to the mankind so there is no other way."

"It's a deal." Five agreed. It was too good chance to just let it slip away like that. Reginalds thirst for unknown was going to start his inevitable doom.

"Tell me then."

"You ruined our lives for your own curiosity and gain. In the end some of us were killed."

"So now you're going back to change it."

"Of course and you will hate me because of that."

"You're planning to kill me before I kill your friends. Everything for family as I understand."

Five stood there quiet. He had no words what could undo what had been said and brought to the light. Everything was exposed.

Reginald was also silent too but handed him a piece of paper.

"That's the answer. I'm going to meet you again in the future." said he before walking away again just like a ghost.

Five could hardly believe what had happened. Had Reginald truly agreed to die? He tried to not think too much about it and after confirming that the answer was true, made the jump. He was going to win.

End of part 2.

May not be as good as the first one but I liked writing it and that's what matters. I do it for myself not for others. 

SY.