4: Newspaper

THE NEVERMOOR GAZETTE!

TODAY'S HEADLINES: THE FINAL RESULTS OF THE JUNIOR DRAGONRIDING TOURAMENT!(page 2)
                                             A FRESH WUNDROUS ACT(page 3)
                                             THE HOTEL DEUCALION: HOTEL OR ZOO?(page 4)

THE FINAL RESULTS OF THE JUNIOR DRAGONRIDING TOURNAMENT

The final of the junior dragonriding tournament was quite a thrill for those watching, and the first ever dragonriding tournament to be televised on Wundervision(more on page 3)! The three competitors were Noah Smith of the Silver District, riding a green highlander dragon named Faster than a Bird on the Back of the Wind, Hawthorne Swift of Nevermoor riding a Low Country Luminescent named Glows like the light through a Suncatcher, and Cameron de Crown of Ogden-Upon-Juro riding a Lanternscale called Look how fearsome his fangs are! After a tough competition and many impressive tricks, the winner emerged as Hawthorne Swift of Nevermoor! Hawthorne's patron for the Wundrous Society, Nancy Dawson, admitted that Hawthorne would be using his prize money, along with some money from her own savings, to get Hawthorne a dragon youngling of his own to raise.

A FRESH WUNDROUS ACT

After last year's terrifying news that there is, for the first time in over 100 years, a wundersmith in Nevermoor, the wundersmith in question, Morrigan Crow, has been doing as much as possible to gain the respect of the population of Nevermoor. Her newest trick, and by far the best, is the Wundervision! A screen that uses only Wundrous energy and that shows all the big events on screen, for people all across the Free State to watch! The first ever Wundervision has been put in place in a new room in the West Wing of the Hotel Deucalion. Crow has promised to start putting Wundervisions up in all homes across Nevermoor as soon as she had fitted out every guest room in the Hotel Deucalion with one. To sign up for your very own Wundervision, visit the Hotel Deucalion and see Kedgeree for more information!

THE DEUCALION: A HOTEL OR A ZOO?

The Deucalion, a very well-known hotel, is the residing place of a Magnificat by the name of Fenestra. Fenestra has very recently given birth to two little Magnificubs! They have been named Emmeline and Skye and are both female. The Deucalion's hotelier, Captain Jupiter North of the Wundrous Society reports that he is delighted, and he has promised that he will publicise pictures as soon as Fenestra lets him. North's candidate for the Wundrous society, also rumored to be North's daughter, comments, "They are really cute and the permenant residents of the Hotel Deucalion have never been happier." However, some guests of the Deucalion have other opinions. "Annoying little creatures they are. Always running about, leaving mess everywhere. I'll be glad to leave the Deucalion." commented Noelle Devereux, although Dame Chanda, founder of the Woodland Whisperers, seemed unhappy about this, reporting that "We have never even had anyone with the name of Devereux check in at the Deucalion." Whether Noelle has lied or not it yet to be seen.

So how is it so far? I didn't really know what to do for this, so I invented the Nevermoor Gazette, and my imagination just went wild. I hope it's okay!