Chapter 11: Slut

You taste like the fourth of July        Malt liquor on your breath, my, my             I love you but I don't know why

Malt liquor on your breath, my, my
I love you but I don't know why

You continued slapping your cheeks,an attempt to contain your tears, when Alice caught your hand, stopping you to cause more redness to your face.

"Couldn't think he can be such a dick."Said Evelyn darting her eyes over the text one more time, before putting the phone on the table.It was still open on Noah's message.

"Can you please stop texting me?I'm definitely so annoyed by you.Kindly fuck off and move on."

It brought a strange puzzlement on your face when you read it for the first time,leaving you confused and saddened.His words truly broke your heart.

"I have no idea why he acted like this.He disappeared ,leaving me some random messages ,and now this?"Hearing the ache of your voice Alice pulled you into a hug.

"It's gonna be fine.We are here for you."Said the girl tightening the hug.You weakly smiled.
It hurted you that after spending so much time with him,getting close to each other,he decided to vanish.Not only leaving you but leaving his friends and job aswell,like he just switched lifes.

"Does William know about this?"The blonde girl asked, leaving the sofa and heading towards the fridge to grab some drinks.She grabbed three juice boxes for children that were stolen from the restaurant's kitchen.

"I haven't told him about this yet."You answered looking down at your hand that was combined with Alice's.She always wore those cute rings with flowers or crystals that matched her earrings.

"Are you planning?"Asked Eve.

"No?It's not like he can do something about it anyway.It's pointless."

"But if Noah returns we can get to see a fight."Said Alice sipping from her juice box.

"Afton isn't the type to start a fight nor to get into one."You mentally laughed at Evelyn's words,remembering how he slapped you with no hesitation some hours ago, or how you were listening to him confessing his murders.It fascinated you how he can simulate two different personas and never get caught.You wondered which one of them is attracted to you and which one of them are you attracted to.

"Yet he got a loud ass mouth when he fought with Lora."And not just with Lora.In your eyes he was always calm and collected, always hidding his anger, but when the dog started barking you were prepared for the bite.

"Speaking of the devil,how are you two getting along?Henry told us yesterday."Your hand leaved the empty box on the coffee table as you were ready to answer Alice.

"Well it's nice but there is this weird neighbor that is always staring at me.She got better things to do like watching over her kids or something.I think she was friends with Lora,she searched for her yesterday."