Chapter 12: Trouble

Save yourself, I am bitter to the bone
             And I'm growing rather fond
               Of the wandering alone
                 I am too far gone now

"William ,the police is here."Awakened from a heated dream William screamed back, asking for some seconds to prepare himself.

"Wipe your face with these and get up doll."He said in a rush,giving you some napkins from a drawer while he rearranged himself.He opened the door as you regained balance on your legs.Adrenaline flowed through your veins.

"How may I be of service?"With a charming smile he courted the policemen that were standing next to Henry at the door.

"We would like to discuss something with you mister Afton and one of your employes,miss Y/N."

"Yeah ofcourse.She is actually with me.Would you mind coming in?"

     They stepped right in William's office meeting your scanning eyes.You've never been involved with the police before and it was one of the last things you wanted your parents to find out about you right now. The second was William.

       As he closed the door behind the cops they made him take a place besides you on the chairs that were positioned in front of the massive wood desk.An uneasy nervousness installed in your body,making your palms sweaty and your throat dry.

"A corpse was found some kilometers West town this morning. Your neighbour saw you carrying quote 'a bag in form of a human'.Where were you last night mister Afton?"The man pinned with his eyes William in his seat,waiting for the business man to answer.

"I was in my bed with my girlfriend."As he pronounced the word girlfriend he patted you on the leg,stopping it from bouncing.

"As I couldn't fall asleep I decided that a walk would help me and I went for a drive. I knew the woman has some troubles."Said Afton empathizing the word"troubles"
pointing the fact that the woman may be crazy.It surprised you how well he could present himself and how unmatched was by the police.You on the other side were scared shitless.

"Do you have an alibi that can prove your words?"A thick tension established in the room,you could cut it with a knife.When you decided to stand up for William your words came out seconds late,obstructed by fear and guilt.

" I was with him.I woke up and found him in the car so I decided to join him."The officers seemed somewhat pleased by your answer.Looking at Afton you met once again  those cold blue eyes.He gently squeezed your thigh so your eyes would move towards the others.

"You ,miss Y/N ,can't provide an alibi since you are a suspect too."And with that the whole world around you crashed,leaving you petrified.If minutes ago you were having a blast now you felt like you were drowning, and there was no one to save you.You felt lost.You thought that maybe William was a mistake tho you still loved him, if that was really what you felt as you couldn't tell still.

"We need to check your house sir and make sure everything is alright."William cleared his throat before he could spoke.

"Anything that can help with the case."

     Time passes hard sometimes.That's out you learned in highschool ,waiting for the sweet sound of the bell to announce the end of the courses.Back then you could not wait to go home,right now you wanted to leave,to disappear from the house that you got to call "home".