Chapter 11: Caught

Mica's POV

"Gago ka, Mica! Laptrip! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Bungad sa'kin ni Niks. Sinundo ko s'ya rito sa condo n'ya.

We're inside my car. Sasamahan ko s'yang punatahan yung space na nahanap ko for her studio. I'm doing this because I asked her a favor.

"Niks, nakakarindi ang boses mo." inis na wika ko at nagsimulang magdrive.

"Kaya pala pinapunta mo ako ro'n dahil lingerie ang imomodel ni Nueves!" Saad nito saka muling tumawa nang malakas.

"Shut up, Nixen." I said with firm voice but as t be that she is, she just continue teasing me. Truth huh

"Akala ko ba hindi mo gusto, bakit mo binabakuran?" Pang-aasar ulit n'ya.

"I'm just concerned, Nixen. I did a background check to their photographer and she have complaints from his clients." Dipensa ko.

So I asked someone to talk to that guy. They offered him money to ditch the job, glad that he clicked the bait. Kaya pinakiusapan ko namang si Niks nalang ang pumalit bilang photographer. I trust Niks more than anyone else.

"Ay ewan ko sa'yo, Mica. No'ng nasa'yo na kasi tinulak mo pa palayo. Tapos ngayong may jowa na babakod-bakod ka." Umiiling-iling na wika nito.

"I'm not being possessive, okay?" I defended myself again. "I'm just concerned, as a friend.." I added.

Hindi ko nga gusto si Nueves, bakit naman ako mambabakod? I mean, lahat naman ng kaibigan is willing to do what I did, right?

"You don't really realize the value of someone until it's gone." Niks states in disappointed voice. I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Just check the address I sent to you, Niks. Tama ba 'tong dinaraanan natin?" Pag-iiba ko ng usapan.

"Oho, attorney, diretso lang." Sarkastikong sagot nito. After a while, she asked me something. "Ano palang next plan mo? Don't tell me balak mong bilhin lahat ng copy ng magazine kung sa'n ilalagay yung pictures ni Nueves in lingerie?"

Napaisip ako sa sinabi ni Niks. That's a good idea. I can also help them sold out the magazine. I think that will also benefit Nueves.

"I'll think about that." I said which made Niks hang her mouth in shock followed by her hearty laughter again. Hindi ba napapagod si Niks katatawa?

After driving Niks to the address where the space was located, pumunta muna ako sa office ni mommy to ask her something.

"My," I knocked on the door three times before I heard her say come in at saka lang ako pumasok.

"What brought you here, baby?" Tanong ni mommy while reading the paper on her desk.

"I just wanna ask. If I bought all the copies of a magazine, will it benefit the model or the brand?" I directly aske my mom. Ayoko ng magpaligoy-ligoy pa because I know that she has a lots of work to do.

She suddenly stopped what she's dowing and faced me.

"It will benefit the producer of the magazine but not the brand or the model in it." She seriously answered.

Naupo ako sa silya sa harapan ng table ni mommy.

"Why?" I asked attentively.

"Basically, the magazine was used to advertise the brand so if you'll buy all of the copy, they can't reach their target audience. There's a possibility that the brand won't reach its expected sales. And for the model, baby, she was paid before the shoot so it can no longer benefit or discredit her." Sagot ni mommy.