Part Seven

Dark and I tracked the others down to the woodlands, when we arrived many had in fact found their loved ones, their family, their friends.

I stood back and Dark slid down the bank, he began to converse with the demons and they shook his hand. I turned away, I didn't want to feel jealous but I did. I growled lowly. Why wasn't my mother there? I stepped into the clearing and looked across the lake as it sparkled in the moonlight. Why wasn't I happy for everyone? Why was I angry?

"Anti!"

My ears pricked up, I averted my gaze from the lake and looked around. "Who's there?" I asked curiously, looking back towards the demons who were still happily conversing. They haven't even noticed that I'm not there.

"Anti!"

I stepped a little closer to the lake and looked across the water. "Hello?" I called. The voice sounded eerily familiar, yet so forgien. The voice continued to call for me. I followed, picking up speed as I ran along the grassy path that surrounded the lake. I felt an overwhelming sense of warmth as I stopped before a jetty that lead into the water. "Hello?" I called again, looking around. A bright light flashed before my eyes, I shielded them and backed up.

"Don't worry my dear, you have nothing to be afraid of."

The light cleared and my jaw dropped, "mum?" I squeaked, stepping a little closer. A wispy and pale hand gently touched mine,  I looked up into her eyes. "W-what happened to you?" I asked, watching her dress blow in the wind. "I was in an accident when the truck was carrying me and some others along the highway." I sniffed as she gently wiped a tear away from my cheek. "It was a quick end." She said with a smile, "your father and I are very proud of what you and Darkiplier have done." She drew back and looked up at the sky. "I know you can do it, Anti. I know you can stop Mark and his cronies." I gasped as she began to fade away. "Wait!" I called to her, but only the howling wind answered me. She's gone, I couldn't save her...I'm so sorry mum...

"There you are! No where to run now!"

I gasped, Mark and Ethan were feet from me, Mark had a harness slung over his shoulder and Ethan was gripping a muzzle in his hand. I looked toward where the others were hiding. I can't let these two find the others... I've got to lead them out of here.

I backed up, panic and anxiety surging through my veins. "If you come quietly I won't use this." Ethan cooed as he dangled the muzzle by the strap. "Come on, come here." Mark grinned, unbuckling the buckles on the harness. I turned and took off along the trail, dust and leaves flew into the air.

"Oh I love it when they run."

I skidded into a clearing and headed in the direction of the carpark and caravan site. I've got to get them as far away from the other demons as possible. I passed families of  confused humans as they milled around their cars and caravans. Mark and Ethan were closing in on me, but they hadn't seen Darkiplier and the others, they were safe. I just have to hide so I can wait and then find the others.

"Like a fly in a web."

I felt something sharp clamp onto my leg, like a shark had shot out of the ocean and grabbed its prey in its jaws. I collapsed to the ground, blood soaked my jeans and splattered onto my boots. As I screamed I saw the shinny silver jaws of a beartrap. The more I tried to free myself the more pain I was in, I watched helplessly as Mark and Ethan caught up to me. "Ouch, that looks painful." Mark smiled. "Get this off of me!" I yelped, trying to scoot back but the trap held me tight. "With pleasure, I don't want you to sustain too much damage before you're sold on." Ethan replied warmly, I went to push him away but Mark took hold of my arms, it was no use struggling I would only worsen the pain. "Let me go!" I demanded, grimacing and squealing as Ethan forced the jaws of the beartrap open and pulled my bleeding leg out. "Help me pick him up, he won't be able to walk." Mark called to Ethan. I wriggled uselessly as Ethan took hold of my legs and the two lifted me up. "No use trying to run away, you won't even be able to walk." Mark chuckled. I growled and continued to thrash, I'd force myself to run, it was better than being captured again.

My howls and yelps echoed throughout the forest clearing as Mark and Ethan carried me to a van. I caught sight of Dark running over with a few other demons, my heart sank. I can't let them get captured, too. "Dark, go! Get away!" I called. He shook his head in protest, "no way! Put him down you fucks!" He snarled, leaping at Ethan with claws drawn. "Please! I don't want you guys hurt again!" I shouted. Reinforcements were already arriving, Mark's henchmen poured out their vehicles with their weapons drawn. Dark and the others gasped, then looked back at me. "Dark, please just go! Please!" I begged. He gave me a look of reluctance and shook his head. "No, I can't." He tried to grab me from Mark's grip but he kicked him away. "Seize them!" He ordered to his guards. "I'm the one he wants! Just go!" Gunfire filled the air, the other demons shrieked and ran. Dark started to back away with tear filled eyes. "I'll come for you, I promise! I'll come back for you!" He cried, before running away with the others. Mark chuckled and leaned down to me. "You'll be long gone before he finds you."