Chapter 13

Waking up from the messy bed, Alisa peeped with two maids waiting for her to be awake.

"Where is the Duke?"

"The Duke went to the imperial palace already, your grace."

Alisa raised one eyebrow.
"Why?"

"We received a letter from the princess this morning."

"Didn't he get injured because he went there last night? Why does he need to go again?"

"Getting injured doesn't excuse one from not doing their job, your grace."

Alisa went silent. She couldn't be with him in peace, the princess would always get in the way between the two of them.

[The imperial palace, 5th princess's castle.]

"Does it hurt a lot?"

Rowena held the handsome face, her expression showed how apologetic she was towards him. Mikhael shook his head slightly.

"It doesn't hurt that much."

"I'm sorry, Mikhael."

"It's not your fault, your highness."

"No… I called you here while he hasn't left…"

"He's gone now. You can rest easy."

Rowena put herself into his large body, wrapped her arms around him, smelling his manly scent, she asked.

"Stay here for today. Don't go back."

"Yes, I got it."

Mikhael tapped her back then brushed his palm over her blonde hair.

"He said he's going to take me there… Mikhael… I don't want to go… I don't want to stay away from you."

"We don't quite know how long it's gonna take for him to come back here again, so don't worry about it too much, we'll figure a way together, your highness."

"You promise?" Rowena looked up to him.

"Yes, I promise."

She kissed him lightly before going on him, sitting on his lap. Playing with his hair, brushed her lips over his forehead, she opened her mouth.

"Did you kiss her?"

"No. I did not."

"I'll be mad if you're lying." She pouted at him.

"No. I won't kiss her no matter what."

Rowena giggled even though her face looked pale. Henry received a sudden letter which stated that there was something going on at the borderline of his country so he left, letting Rowena have her way with her favourite man again.

"Did he hurt your highness?"

"He did."

"Does it still hurt?"

"Not at all. But Mikhael, He's so scary. I don't know why he did that to me. I never even knew him before."

"Maybe you have known each other before?"

"I don't remember anything."
The princess shook her head and kissed his cheek. She played with his necktie teasingly before popping a question.

"Can I go to your mansion too?"

Mikhael hesitated for a moment. Alisa is there, she confessed that she likes him and he said that he would try to avoid making physical contact with the princess in her sight. But the woman who sat on his lap right now has the power to command what she wants, he couldn't refuse.