Chapter 28

Alert: This chapter contented r*pe (not detailed).

~

Mikhael's flashback.

"It's not true right? …It's not true.. he can't be leaving us so soon…"

The former Duchess of Elias-zo, the mother of Mikhael, shook in her tears hearing the terrified news. Mikhael, who was at the age of 12, stood there not knowing how to comfort his mother.

They had just received the confirmation letter of his father, the Duke of Elias-zo's death on the battlefield. Mikhael was in shock just as his mother was but there was no room for him to sit in sorrow when his poor mother had become devastated already.

"Mother… please take a breath slowly."

"Mikhael… Mikhael… what should we do…"

The woman held the young boy's shoulders.

"What should I do… your future.. and our household…"

A noble household couldn't go on in this society without a head.
Mikhael personally was way too young to be one, he needed to be 17, the official coming of age, to be able to lead the household legally… and right at the moment, the teenage boy was only 12.
They needed to wait for 5 years but until then, the house would become a fallen household already.

The little man went silent. He couldn't respond to his mother as he was aware of the same thing.

As a woman, she lost her husband.
As a Duchess, she must find a way soon to solve the mess that would come on their way, to hold this house in balance.
And as a mother, she needed to protect her only son, if they became the fallen noble, Mikhael would suffer the most.

The Duke's corpse will arrive tomorrow.
The mansion suddenly became gloomy and sad. The maids silently prepared for the funeral under the command of the butler.

The Duchess looked pale as tears left her swell eyes. She looked hurt. Mikhael could only stand there watching.

"Young master.. let's go rest first. I'll try to comfort her grace somehow, okay?"

A middle aged woman who was his nanny touched his shoulder. Mikhael nodded and went to his room in silence.

When tomorrow came, the Duchess had a breakdown again seeing the love of her life was sent back in a coffin with his body becoming cold and full of blood. Even the maids were crying at the scene.

Everyone wore black. The coffin was placed in a room for the other nobles or friends who wanted to greet the deceased Duke for the last time. Mikhael was comforting his crying mother not so far away in the same room.

A lot of nobles had come to share their sorrow with the family. Not long after, the emperor had come too because after all, the Duke died sacrificing his life for the country.

Mikhael left the room as the emperor talked to his broken heart mother. He went to chat with his teachers. The teachers cheered and complimented the young boy for how strong of a kid he was to stand his ground firmly at the tragic moment.

After they finished advising him and everything, they exchanged goodbye for today. Mikhael came back to the funeral room but his mother and the emperor were nowhere to be seen. He was a little confused but nothing had come to his mind at the moment. He walked around looking for them but still couldn't find them. The 12 Mikhael went upstairs. He stood before his mother's bedroom, was about to knock on the door but stopped mid-action as a sound leaked from the other side of the wall.