chapter sixteen: you're tony's daughter!

JOEY WAKES UP THE NEXT MORNING WITH HER HEAD ON PIETRO'S ARM, AND HER ARM OVER HIS CHEST

On the TV, the option to watch Tangled again is showing, and Joey realizes that both of them must have fallen asleep during the movie— granted, they did start it at almost 10:00.

The alarm on her phone wakes both her and Pietro up for training, and though they share a look of... well, not exactly acknowledgment before getting up, they don't address how they ended up overnight. Besides, they've slept in a bed together before— it doesn't have to mean anything.

After training and a brief meeting with Carrelli, Fury, and Pietro concerning missions, Friday is calling Joey downstairs to the lobby. When she gets there, Peter and her mom are there.

"Hey," she says to Peter, before wrapping an arm lightly around her mom and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Hi, Mommy."

"Hi, J," Heidi greets back. Then, in walks May.

Before Peter or Joey can even react to the lady in the doorway, she's practically running to Heidi and throwing her arms around her.

"Thank god," May is saying into Heidi's shoulder, while Peter and Joey sort of look at each other sideways. When May pulls away, she looks at the two children before her, and she encases them in a group hug shortly. "Hi, guys," she smiles. Then, "Come get in on this, Heidi."

So, the four of them: two Parkers, two Alamedas, group hug, right there in the middle of the Avengers lobby.

"This is so weird," Joey says, and Peter is quick to agree.

"It is, but I love it," May laughs, hugging them tighter.

When they finally let go, Peter and Joey look at each other in silent understanding of the two women before them. Joey takes one of Heidi's and May's hands in each of hers.

"Peter and I are gonna head back upstairs," she tells them, knowing the two of them have a lot to talk about. "But don't let us miss you before you leave, May. Love you guys."

With that, Heidi and May nod and Peter and Joey watch as they walk to one of the waiting rooms nearby. Joey smiles at Peter before linking her arm in his and walking over to the elevator.

"I don't know how May's gonna survive without her," Peter tells Joey as the elevator rises.

Joey sighs. "I don't know how I'm gonna survive without her."

They step out on the fourth floor, and it's like the door to the elevator is a door to the topic of life without Heidi. When they reach the kitchen, Peter takes a seat behind the counter and Joey goes for the freezer.

"You want some ice cream?" She asks, reaching for a small tub on the top shelf.

Peter's lips turn up slightly. "Um, yeah! I didn't even know we had that here."